So frustrated. I'm trying to update the os to .593 and I've got everything running but when I load up the loader.exe file it just opens to applications I already have on my phone and doesn't show the .593 OS ready to install, ughhhhhh. PLEASE HELP.
    05-03-10 05:36 PM
    First, make sure you only have ONE Blackberry OS loaded on your PC - Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > check for Blackberry Device Software... there should be only one.

Next, be sure you deleted the Vendor.xml file.

Next, start the Loader.exe and make sure you select upgrading your device, it should be a screen or two before you see the list of apps.
    05-03-10 05:42 PM
    You've deleted the vendor.xml file?
    Searched for other hidden vendor.xml files if using Windows 7?
    Switched off your internet connection?
    Run App Loader, not Desktop Manager?
    Uninstalled previous OS versions from your PC?
    Right clicked the AppLoader.exe and set Run As Administrator?

...placed a soft mattress under your window if it still doesn't work?
    Last edited by Phill_UK; 05-03-10 at 05:55 PM.
    05-03-10 05:43 PM
    Hold on.. Let me get situated on the other side of the window. Ok give her a good throw.
    05-03-10 06:04 PM
    May as well join you, PhxBlue. Less chance of it hitting the ground. On a more serious note, I've had this problem at one time or another considering I've up/downgraded my Bold's OS probably around 50 times or more. I've had 3 BB's to date. My last resort would be to wip my device with BBSAK, then load the OS. Always works. Make sure you back up 1st. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-10 06:42 PM
    All I did is go to task manager and close anything BB related and went through the process using BBSAK.

05-03-10 10:45 PM
    I"m willing to bet you still have your internet connection active. Thats the exact same thing that happened to me. I went through DM deletes/re-installs, os delete, re-install, delete, redownload, etc until I re-read the OS upgrade instructions completely and noticed my 'net connection was still active. Doh!
    05-03-10 10:50 PM
    Make sure you delete the vendor xml file and disconnect from the Internet before running Apploader. That's what I have done. I've had no issues with Vista or 7 64-bit with that procedure. I'm running a leaked OS now.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-03-10 10:51 PM
    I found two (vendor.xml) on the 64bit version of Windows 7 for some reason, my other machine is 32bit and only had one copy.

Use search and see if another is hiding.
    05-03-10 11:55 PM
    Happened to me once - it was a faulty installation
    Uninstall the desktop software - reboot your desktop - reinstall from another mirror - reboot - remove vendor file - run loader

05-04-10 01:26 AM
    I"m willing to bet you still have your internet connection active. Thats the exact same thing that happened to me. I went through DM deletes/re-installs, os delete, re-install, delete, redownload, etc until I re-read the OS upgrade instructions completely and noticed my 'net connection was still active. Doh!
    I've never had that issue before while keeping my internet connection open, well, only with DM. But if you're using loader, it shouldn't connect to the internet. It should look for the highest build for your model and install.

Make sure vendor.xml is deleted. Otherwise you won't get anywhere trying to flash that bold .

05-04-10 02:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD