Don't mean to clog up everything with a meaningless thread, but thought I should put some positives out there for the S2 since we get so many complaints about the browsing experience. Last night I was comparing my mlb at bat on Opera vs. my friends Iphone 3G. Then we decided to do some speed tests for fun. First we did me on Opera vs. him on safari to load nfl.com and espn.com. I beat safari with about 8 seconds to spare. Then he switched to his Opera browser and we did the test again, and I beat him with 16 seconds to spare. The difference was likely because of service issues he might have had in the bar... but then I can turn that against him and tack another one up for Verizon too...

ahhh its nice to have a positive comparison every once in awhile..

except immediately after he decided to go through all of the apps he's downloaded for free and how much better quality pretty much all of them were than what I had on my S2..
    05-03-10 01:47 PM
    Thank u ...its nice to see other happy positive BB users like myself!keep enjoying the BB experience ..I know I will!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-10 02:22 PM
    Cool stuff!
    05-03-10 02:50 PM
    Thank u ...its nice to see other happy positive BB users like myself!keep enjoying the BB experience ..I know I will!

There are more positive ones than you know. The forums here are like the countless other forums on the net for games, hobbies, etc. in that the minor few trouble makers and trolls capture most of the attention (human nature to be outspoken about complaints more than atta boys) so they appear more numorous. Don't forget those that also get multiple accounts to appear to have greater numbers backing up their assertions.

05-03-10 02:56 PM
    remember opera is terrible at rendering pages. yucky poo poo

05-03-10 03:16 PM
    If he would have used Opera on his iPhone, he would have likely smoked you. Don't get my wrong, I love both of my BB's, but Opera on my 1st Gen IPod Touch, with its wimpy 4XXmhz processor, is blazing fast. Faster than Opera on either of my BB's.
    05-03-10 03:26 PM
    If he would have used Opera on his iPhone, he would have likely smoked you. Don't get my wrong, I love both of my BB's, but Opera on my 1st Gen IPod Touch, with its wimpy 4XXmhz processor, is blazing fast. Faster than Opera on either of my BB's.
    he did test Opera on the iPhone vs Opera on the BB. And correct me if I'm wrong, but doesnt the iPod connect over Wifi, not wireless network?
    05-03-10 04:14 PM
    You're right, I originally missed where he said he used Opera on the iPhone.

I find that strange. Opera on my 1st Gen iTouch is much faster than either my S2 or Bold 9000 also using Opera on Wifi.
    05-03-10 04:28 PM
    Opera was a neat little browser especially the ability to bookmark certain sites, but BOLT is what I used and it certainly was able to keep up with my friends iPhone browser and it also renders the web page as you would see it on a comp screen. Only flaw would be the small lettering and no ability to zoom in and out, but I was always able to even log into crackberry and post comments from it. I would highly recommend you guys try it
    05-03-10 04:44 PM
    I beat a 3gs yesterday with my opera on a storm1 the site we where loading was UFC.com
    05-03-10 04:48 PM
    I beat a 3gs yesterday with my opera on a storm1 the site we where loading was UFC.com
    Lol. Bet they won't advertise that.
    05-03-10 05:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD