I've had my phone for a year and a half. Been going great till about January/February when I would see the white screen every now and then. Would do a battery pull and all was well. It slowly got progressively worse until it occurred constantly, especially when viewing videos. It happened so often that the phone became unusable so I did a complete wipe and full install of a more recent OS (went from 4.6.0.297 I think it was to 5.0.0.592) and it still does it!

Its a completely blank white screen and the phone becomes hot very quickly if left in this mode. After doing a battery pull it instantaneously loses roughly 50% of its battery life. Few more white screens which occur soon afterward and it no longer boots due to a dead battery (which was just fully charged overnight).

I've run out of ideas and am currently using a different phone. I did do a search but couldn't really find anything of help. Any ideas?

EDIT: Wanted to add that the phone does not work at all while white screened. The phone may boot up properly and work for a little bit but it will eventually become white screened.
    Last edited by thegooz; 05-03-10 at 01:21 AM. Reason: Clarifications
    05-03-10 01:14 AM
    I had this happen a couple times on my curve but it was usually only when I had my phone in bedside mode and plugged it in, sometimes it happened when I was using the browser but I mostly happened when my screen turned off and I'd hit a button to turn it back on, it would lag at a white screen for a few seconds. It also seemed to be os specific, for the most part. I run hybrid os's so this problem got solved rather quickly after a few builds.

Seems like you've got a bold 9000 so if you'd like to try out a hybrid can I suggest willyboys V4,1?
    You'll need to download 5.0.0.610 and install it to your computer first then install the hybrid over top, wipe your device with bbsak and install the os like any other os upgrade.
    Since finding 610 online is rather hard now a days here's a link
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    And if you'd like to check other the hybrid here's the link for that
    Driphter.com - Willyboy 9000 v4.1 .610/.612/.643
    (I know 4 people with this build and all say they'll never load anything that's not a hybrid again)

If none of that fixes it, while.. Take the phone back I guess?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-10 05:11 AM
    You are having problems that do not normally occur in official RIM OS. This problem is often due to an application or theme incompatible with the OS.

Remove all OS from your computer.
    Backup data on your phone using DM.
    Wipe your phone.
    Install the latest official RIM OS:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/off...ercell-451040/

Add back only one non-BB OS application or theme at a time.

After the phone is stable, add one additional application or theme (wait a day between addition).
    05-03-10 02:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD