hey guys,
    i looked around the site for help and i couldnt find any.. or i didnt look well but im hoping some of you can help me..

i received a 9700 from rogers as a gift and i unlocked it since im with telus. ive been noticing that my phone keeps going on sos mode lately..
    could this be a problem with phone or network?
    05-03-10 12:13 AM
    It could be both.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-10 12:30 AM
    is there anything i can do to figure out which it is?
    05-03-10 08:36 AM
    If it's an ex Rogers device, chances are it's still running .351 which doesn't play nicely with Telus.

Update your OS to the Telus latest (.442) and see if that makes a difference.

You can download it here

...and before you ask http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/
    Last edited by Phill_UK; 05-03-10 at 08:46 AM.
    05-03-10 08:44 AM
    Did I read that right? You received a free 9700 from Rogers but then unlocked it and now use it with telus??
    05-03-10 08:49 AM
    I have an att 9700 (unlocked and on att) running .593 and I've been having awful problems with it staying in sos after I lose the signal. It has gotten much worse. So much so that I aways have use the "toggle" radio on/off in Quick Launch to bring it out of sos. I think its a network issue. The network stays on through this whole time period.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-03-10 11:32 PM
    The data must be partitioned beforehand or in the case of structured data the auto_distribute mode can be used (see example below). EnSight provides a partitioner for unstructed data sets. It is located in $CEI_HOME/ensight76/unsupported/partitioner (as the name indicates there is no support for this code, but in general it works).

The data formats that are supported in SOS modes are: EnSight5, EnSight6, EnSight Gold, Plot3d and any EnSight User-Defined Reader data.

You should place each partitioned portion of the data in the machine that will compute that portion. As EnSight notes each partitioned file is a self contained ensight file that can be read independently into EnSight.

GMC Envoy Parts
    05-04-10 03:16 AM
    well it wasnt free it was a gift from a relative
    anyways i called telus and they told me that rogers oprates on 2G/3G bbut telus only 3G, i dont know if that made sense but anyways he told me to put the phone on 3G only and it has worked fine since.. if the problem will arise again i will try to upgrade os, but for now its been workign fine! thanks alot for the help
    05-12-10 12:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD