Hello all,

I'm now on the 3rd Otterbox Defender for the Storm 2. The small tabs on the case, right where the indents for the clip are, have broken off again, making the clip useless as the phone won't stay in anymore.

Is there an alternative belt clip that will work with the Otterbox Defender? Keeping the defender in a shirt pocket isn't an option, I desperately need a clip.

Thanks for any help.

Mike
    05-02-10 08:03 PM
    Email otterbox and they'll send you another clip. They're good at things like that

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-02-10 10:29 PM
    Getting a replacement isn't the problem, they have been good at that and I've already had 2 replaced. I'm just looking for a alternative clip that attaches to the case differently.
    05-03-10 07:40 AM
    Just a quick question....how is the Defender work with the S2? Does it impede the screen click at all? I know it was an issue with the S1.

Looking for something to take to the field with me to keep my baby safe.
    05-03-10 08:52 AM
    Hello all,

I'm now on the 3rd Otterbox Defender for the Storm 2. The small tabs on the case, right where the indents for the clip are, have broken off again, making the clip useless as the phone won't stay in anymore.

Is there an alternative belt clip that will work with the Otterbox Defender? Keeping the defender in a shirt pocket isn't an option, I desperately need a clip.

Thanks for any help.

Mike
    are you putting the phone in the wrong way or at an odd angle? i bought my defender case when it was made available and have yet to have any issues with the holster or the case and i'm taking my phone out constantly for txts and emails. you must be doing something wrong if you are on your third already..
    05-03-10 09:09 AM
    Just a quick question....how is the Defender work with the S2? Does it impede the screen click at all? I know it was an issue with the S1.

Have one on my S2 does not impede the screen at all.
    05-03-10 09:20 AM
    Have one on my S2 does not impede the screen at all.
    Never had a problem with the screen not clicking either with a fingerprint protector on or off the Storm 2. I love the Defender case, it has protected my phone perfectly after multiple drops, unfortunately many of the multiple drops were due to the fact that they phone doesn't fit will into the clip. Initially the clip works ok, however after the small tabs break off, most of the indent that is on the case is no longer there and the clip doesn't hold well anymore. If they had of stayed with the same design of clip where the phone slides directly into the clip that would have worked much better than this other way.

Mike
    05-03-10 09:33 AM
    I have had problems with my defender case also, I have called otterbox and they advised that the reason they designed it that way is that most people with BB's want to pull it out away from their belt not lift it out of they case like with the other defenders. I told them that lifting it out was one of the things I loved because it cradles it and holds it securely.

I was definitely under the impression that if enought people complained they may redesign it.
    05-03-10 10:15 AM

I personally have had a problem with it somewhat blocking the bottom four keys. I know that everyone has problems with those stupid four buttons from time to time but for me it seems to be more often when i have the defender on, also the hard case caused my screen protector to bubble up on the bottom. i think if i would have trimmed the plastic cover it would have been fine though.

not knocking the defender at all, makes the S2 feel like a tank and I love it, but yeah the clip kinda sucks, by phone falls out of it all the time if i bump it wrong
    05-03-10 01:40 PM
    I was definitely under the impression that if enought people complained they may redesign it.
    When I spoke with Otter Box, they admitted that the design was flawed and that a new design was already in the works. I too miss the slide function of my 8330 Otter Box.
    05-03-10 07:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD