So I've had my share of BB storms, from having 5 of the S1 and now the new S2, and still the screen isnt clikcing everywhere!

What should I look for my next phone? I'm not impressed at all by blackberry, I was looking at getting the Bold 9700, but should I just switch over to a new phone?

I need your inputs, my Storm2 doesnt click in the ''end'' area (red button) if it does click its really reall hard click, should I just get a new storm2 or just replace it with the Bold? I've had the storm phone since last march 2009!

I need your inputs!
    JP
    05-02-10 05:31 PM
    Why come to the Storm forum to ask what you should move to?

It does not really matter what you switch to. Try an iPhone or an Incredible. Even another BB. But asking here is ridiculous.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

05-02-10 05:36 PM
    What OS are you running?
    05-02-10 05:37 PM
    Why come to the Storm forum to ask what you should move to? ...
    LOL!
    My first thought when I read the title "I'm done with Storms... What next?"

Find another forum related to a phone that interests you. That's what's next!
    05-02-10 05:39 PM
    What would is your preference? Business personal? Wants, needs that sort of thing. I wasn't that impressed with the iPhone, but it met my wants and needs for a personal device. I will be looking for it's replacement come later this summer and have it not narrowed down my device yet.

05-02-10 05:40 PM
    RIM is new to touch screens the s1 was there first one, so there late in the game compared to other phone companies. Also RIM makes phones for business oriented customers and not the general population. So if your s2's are not to your satisfactory then I would suggest moving on to other phones or the bold till they start catching up with the s3 or s4 if they're going to make them.

some suggestions are. HTC legend, desire or any android phones out now. Android's are becoming popular nowadays. if you prefer a stable "touch" screen then the next gen. iphone's a good choice as well. but if you do alot of emails then RIM has the upper hand, they have much better email push system compared to the iphone, i dont know about android phones, because I've never tried them.
    05-02-10 05:42 PM
    Well, looks like all the essential answers have been provided, INCLUDING "why are you asking here?" (which would have been my answer, lol). OP, you provide no info on what your needs are and I can pretty well guarantee you that the answers that you will get here are going to be "Incredible" or, "iPhone." So there you go, your homework is short and easy. Of course, you could hold out for the Storm 3 .
    05-02-10 05:45 PM
    RIM is new to touch screens the s1 was there first one, so there late in the game compared to other phone companies. Also RIM makes phones for business oriented customers and not the general population. So if your s2's are not to your satisfactory then I would suggest moving on to other phones or the bold till they start catching up with the s3 or s4 if they're going to make them.

some suggestions are. HTC legend, desire or any android phones out now. Android's are becoming popular nowadays. if you prefer a stable "touch" screen then the next gen. iphone's a good choice as well. but if you do alot of emails then RIM has the upper hand, they have much better email push system compared to the iphone, i dont know about android phones, because I've never tried them.
    Well if RIM was making devices for business and not general consumers then they should rethink their marketing scheme. Have you seen the OS6 video?

05-02-10 05:53 PM
    Haha, sorry guys! I was using my phone and the end button didnt want to click! I'm running a hybrid OS, and it was amazing the first couple days, I've had my storm2 for about 1 week, its been good, but now the end button doesnt work!

I'll just revert back to an official OS, and call it the day!

I'll look into the Iphone and other phones! My needs are alot of texting, some emails, alot of browser and calling obviously!

Post away! And I dont get it, I'm in the right forum, I have a BB Storm2 and looking to switch, when you pay the price for a BB storm2, you want something thats functional!

JP
    05-02-10 06:21 PM
    So I've had my share of BB storms, from having 5 of the S1 and now the new S2, and still the screen isnt clikcing everywhere!

What should I look for my next phone? I'm not impressed at all by blackberry, I was looking at getting the Bold 9700, but should I just switch over to a new phone?

I need your inputs, my Storm2 doesnt click in the ''end'' area (red button) if it does click its really reall hard click, should I just get a new storm2 or just replace it with the Bold? I've had the storm phone since last march 2009!

I need your inputs!
    JP
    I know of a handset thats pretty Incredible....
    05-02-10 06:25 PM
    my storm 2 and storm 1 were completely functional with the clicking problems you describe. Never had any issues hardware wise.

The storm 2 is great phone, wont trade it for anything but a storm 3. the Incredible isnt even enough to change that!
    05-02-10 06:29 PM
    I know of a handset thats pretty Incredible....
    Which is? I cant determine the phone in the pic!

Edit... Bell Mobility here in Canada doesnt carry all the nice phones!
    Last edited by jproy12; 05-02-10 at 06:38 PM.
    05-02-10 06:31 PM
    OK, so i'm loading back the official bell OS on my phone, will report back to see if it made a difference!

JP
    05-02-10 06:57 PM
    OK, so i'm loading back the official bell OS on my phone, will report back to see if it made a difference!

JP
    So loaded the bell mobility official OS, and still didnt change anything, the end button works, but its like a repeated click, if i click normal, doesnt work, and if i click really light, its like a really fast repeated click! Should I go for another Storm? Or just switch to the Bold?

Or even the iPhone?!

JP
    05-02-10 07:08 PM
    Try using a leaked OS and see if that will fix your issue. .517 was a great release and .607 was alright but both fix the issues you're having problems with
    05-02-10 07:19 PM
    Learn how to use the phone maybe??? Dont be so picky? Mine sticks once in a while and i have a new one..not a real issue...last 2 times i was in VZW at the counter there were people in there with defective Droids...

When you find the perfect, flaw free mechanical device let me know and i'll buy extra stock in the company...

OS6 will kick **** on the S2, can't wait.
    05-02-10 07:24 PM
    Try using a leaked OS and see if that will fix your issue. .517 was a great release and .607 was alright but both fix the issues you're having problems with
    I was running a hybrid OS, and out of nowhere, i got this problem... is it normal?

Its really hard to explain, its an off/on thing, either it doesn't click at all, or clicks but really fast and repeated click!

JP
    05-02-10 07:29 PM
    I've heard some people say it helps if you click more toward the top of the button.
    Also it seems to make a difference if you are holding the phone, or have it laying on a soft surface.
    05-02-10 07:33 PM
    I've heard some people say it helps if you click more toward the top of the button.
    Also it seems to make a difference if you are holding the phone, or have it laying on a soft surface.
    Still no luck, the button doesn't work at all!
    JP
    05-02-10 07:54 PM
    So I'm waiting on a replacement storm2, tried various fix, and nothing, tried a different OS, the screw on the back of the phone, numerous battery pulls, but nothing!

I'm getting a replacement Storm2 in the mail in 2 days, i'll report back if its better!

Hopefully its better!
    JP
    05-02-10 08:26 PM
    Well if RIM was making devices for business and not general consumers then they should rethink their marketing scheme. Have you seen the OS6 video?

yes i have indeed seen the os6 video, looks very promising and seems like they did rethink their marketing strategy, but we'll have to see how well it'll work with their storm's piezo technology. in my opinion their OS 6 would work superb if they just used a capacitive touch screen like all other touch screens. their goal of making a clickable touch screen is indeed special to their company, but there needs to be much more improvements to it to function perfectly. I hope they get everything right for the upcoming storm 3
    05-02-10 08:47 PM
    Replacement was the way to go, sounds like you got a defective one. New one should be better, the Storm2 is an excellent phone, and once we get 6.0, it should really shine.
    05-02-10 08:54 PM
    Call tech support and get a new one!
    05-02-10 09:41 PM

Yeah, she's wearing a business jacket...sort of LOL!
    05-02-10 10:23 PM
    ...OS 6 would work superb if they just used a capacitive touch screen like all other touch screens.
    I don't think the secret to success is to make the same product everyone else is making
    Surepress is one of the biggest reasons I dumped the iphone for Storm2.
    05-03-10 12:08 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD