I shut down my 8900 and got an HTC Incredible yesterday, so I won't be using any more themes. I have to say that this forum was the highlight of my 8900 experience since I got my phone in 2-2009. I used probably 50-60 free themes, mostly from here. Thanks to the excellent people who spent hours/days making them. People like Emarsha, Dannieloco, Kscrum, Mr. Tolles, Waldog, Jennifer, Red Zapper, and others I cannot remember. Thanks to all of you. The phone was a gas, but the themes were the shiz. TheBigNewt.
    05-02-10 05:01 PM
    tell us how it is! how do you like it? ive heard bad things about the battery life and the speed of the emails, how do you find it??
    05-02-10 06:31 PM
    DAMn, IMA MISS UR LONG THoROUGH REVIEWS... COME bACK to the bb after you do the HTC thing for a year..
    05-02-10 09:53 PM
    See you in a few weeks
    05-02-10 09:55 PM
    I have the Droid and the Tour so I can understand the wanting the change of scenery. Android os is awesome. I just really missed bbm. I only use gmail for email so Android is another awesome option for me. Enjoy the Incredible. I'm sure you're going to like it. Let us know what you think.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-10 10:02 PM
    DAMn, IMA MISS UR LONG THoROUGH REVIEWS... COME bACK to the bb after you do the HTC thing for a year..
    I'll tell you one thing about the android thing: it's not as straightforward as the BB system. If simple smartphone is what you want stick with the BB. But I've only been into Android for a day. It's not impossible at all. But they could have themes just like BB does for this system and they'd be fine. I don't know why they don't. But you theme developers are the best.
    05-02-10 11:11 PM
    Good luck with the HTC - it looks pretty sweet!!
    05-05-10 09:24 AM
    After over 3 weeks with the HTC a few comments: the camera (and video camera) are superb. I've taken pix that print as good as my digicam. The screen is hard to see in bright light, but otherwise it's great. The browser is top notch, way better than the BB. The touchscreen is easy to use, and doesn't select stuff by accident as easy as the MotoDroid. POP3 email shows up fast (I have both that and Gmail). Typing is not quite as easy as my BB but not bad. Messaging is fine. The media player is fine. The battery can last 2 days if I shut it down when I sleep, but I'm not a heavy talker on the phone. It's usually got 50-60% left at the end of my day. It's plenty loud and vibrates very strongly. It never slows down. The OS is finally becoming second nature. I wish it had a charging dock. I miss the BB themes. I can't rearrange the menu screen icons and I can't make folders for icons or pix. But overall this is the best phone I've had. I had serious doubts about ditching my 8900 too.
    Last edited by thebignewt; 05-24-10 at 11:12 PM.
    05-24-10 11:09 PM
    Thanks for the update. I'm getting pretty bored with my 8900 but I don't see myself leaving the BB platform. Hopefully RIM will come up with something somewhat exciting soon.
    05-24-10 11:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD