I had a S1 for almost two years and finally got fed up with all the weird issues it had. i had a lot of trouble with the screen becoming unresponsive in a semi-harsh environment(humid, damp hands, dirty, etc), plus every time i updated to the latest hybrid os it would just come up with different bugs and still only last a month or so before it got bad enough to need to be reinstalled anyway.
    but i digress...
    i got a moto droid to replace my S1 a couple weeks ago and frankly im less than impressed. the core os gives very basic control over settings, the email client sucks, the sms client sucks, the media player is pretty lame, and you need over 9000 apps to have any kind of configuration control.

For those that had issues with the S1 but upgraded to the S2, was it worth it? is it that much better? do you find yourself needing to update to the latest OS or hybrid to eliminate bugs? Im kind of on the fence because i just bought this droid but im also eligible for early upgrade...

thanks
    05-02-10 11:42 AM
    I've had some quality issues with my storm two's but no major bugs. The new os has a few problems with opera mini and maybe some other third part apps but overall I really like this phone. It would be hard for me to go to a phone without sure press.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-10 11:49 AM
    yeah I tried the Droid Eris and i quickly came back because regardless or all the apps i had, the feeling if getting push email is what made me come back to blackberry.
    05-02-10 11:56 AM
    My old Storm1 was having issues and I was leaning heavy towards a Droid. Tried it out at a VZW store.....was not impressed...it was a cool "gadget" but not a business type device....that I have come to expect from BB. So I tried out the Storm2....liked it. I have had it 2 weeks and it is AWESOME. I have heard it before but the way the Storm should have been released. Typing is easier...and very accurate...op system is smooth.

Storm2 is pretty damn sweet!
    05-02-10 12:04 PM
    My old Storm1 was having issues and I was leaning heavy towards a Droid. Tried it out at a VZW store.....was not impressed...it was a cool "gadget" but not a business type device....that I have come to expect from BB. So I tried out the Storm2....liked it. I have had it 2 weeks and it is AWESOME. I have heard it before but the way the Storm should have been released. Typing is easier...and very accurate...op system is smooth.

Storm2 is pretty damn sweet!
    Yeah man just got a S2 and its niceeeeeee!
    05-02-10 12:09 PM
    I actually got the Droid when it first came out and was impressed, but after a couple of weeks I really missed BB so I ended up exchanging it for the S2. Both have their strengths/weaknesses but in the end the S2 won me over and I have no regrets. It works for me and that is the bottom line. Plus, it's my 4th BB.

BTW I just went to VZ to play with the Incredible. Great phone...but I'll still stick with my S2. Again...it's what works for you. I may change in the future but for now I'm content.
    05-02-10 12:18 PM
    I exchanged my (5th or 6th, can't remember) Storm 1 for the HTC Incredible two days ago, and couldn't be more pleased. The Storm 2 is a great phone that improved on nearly every aspect of the original, but I found that I liked the Incredible much more than continuing with the 'click' idea.

I wasn't terribly impressed with the Moto Droid either. The typing wasn't intuitive, and I was hardly able to use the physical keyboard. Just to throw it out there, for those that are thinking they want to try Android, don't judge the OS by the Eris/Moto Droid. The Incredible and the Nexus One are fantastic phones; I'd urge you to give them a shot.
    05-02-10 01:37 PM
    I never had any hardware trouble with my S1, only software issues. So far after three months the same holds true for the S2, though for whatever reason, the S2 has considerably fewer software bugs. It does have a few hardware improvements too, at least in terms of functionality.

It is funny you mentioned all the faults of the moto droid except what I think are the biggest. The hardware lacks quality and it feels an looks like a brick. That said, a co-worker of mine has one and it definitely has some bugs too. Cracks me up because several times a day it does something stupid and I always just say "should have got a BlackBerry!"

05-02-10 01:39 PM
    Just picked up a s2 and I feel at home. So far I'm very happy and will be putting my droid for sale in a week or two just to make sure I decide to keep it.
    Thanks for the info this phone is great compared to the s1

05-02-10 02:10 PM
    I like the storm2 way more than the storm1, and than my old android device. That doesn't mean that it's better in general. It just doesn't work for me like said previously here. It's about what's important for you. I'm going to upgrade soon to either the slider or the storm3 (when they come out I mean). I really like the storm line, but the battery life kind of ... saddens me.... lol. I have the seidio 2600 battery and it lasts FOREVER AND A DAY! lol. But still, I can't wait to see OS 6 and what new Blackberries come out It's a great platform that really offers me EVERYTHING I've ever wanted / needed / desired.
    05-02-10 02:26 PM
    Welcome back to the Storm family, Strum.
    05-02-10 02:30 PM
    The S2 is worlds better than the S1. Had a lot of software issues with the S1. Haven't had 1 issue with the S2. I checked out the Droid Incredible and its pretty nice. But I'd miss the Surepress, email, and bbm too much.

05-02-10 03:02 PM
    I would not go so far to say the S2 is worlds better than the S1, but I would say that it is like an S1 minus most of the things that bothered most people.
    - Very little lag
    - No memory leaks
    - Plenty of app memory
    - More responsive
    - Better surepress
    - Less seams for dust collection
    - Better appearance and feel in the hand
    - Wifi

But its not earth shattering better. But the way the Storm 1 should have been. I consider it a mulligan from RIM. If you were not generally happy with the Storm 1, you will not care much for the Storm 2. That's my opinion.

If you dislike the BB UI, you may like the UI from Android or WM 7. However, there is nothing unusual about liking the UI from BB better than Android. I am among those. Its great for business and easy to use for media.
    05-02-10 03:41 PM
    This is a great post and its saying what I've been trying to tell everyone that ask me or has comments about the Droid. I came off of my 1 year relationship with my Storm 1 to go to a Droid and it was a mistake. Its like I've told others, if you REALLY like BB then your not going to like the Droid. It lacks all the things that JUST WORK. The BB just GETS $HIT DONE! Deuces!
    05-03-10 07:16 AM
    If you want stability you should not be running hybrids. New = broken, old = boring/works properly, that's just the way it works.
    05-03-10 08:00 AM
    You guys make me want an S2 instead of my Tour, lol. Plus you are getting some OS6 love and it looks like we're not.

05-03-10 08:27 AM
    I played around with the Droid Incredible today at the Verizon store and must say I liked it. Its got me thinking hard about switching over.

BKVic
    05-03-10 03:31 PM
    after less than a week the screen is going haywire on my phone. this is extremely frustrating. im heading in now to trade it in.
    05-06-10 05:24 PM
    What's happening with the screen?

05-06-10 05:48 PM
    I had the eris with a 2.1 leak on it... Full of bugs..battery pulls thousands or free useless buggy apps with no pushed content..great phone. Great vision..poorly played out.
    05-06-10 07:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD