View Poll Results: Will you buy or mod you 9700 to white

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Abso friggin lutely will wait for the OEM white

13 23.21%
  • Can't wait. Will mod it myself.

8 14.29%
  • H3ll to the naw!! Mine is perfect as is.

35 62.50%
    I wanted to do a quick survey to see who was going to buy the actual white bold 9700? or just buy the white housing from trusupplier>sw-box.com?
    05-02-10 11:09 AM
    Created a poll for you.

My answer is NO!! White is very plain and static
    05-02-10 11:35 AM
    my friend jus bought the white bezel, white keyboard and white battery door from sw-box. Looks pretty good. Its just a housing at the end of the day.

Me I'd rather buy the black blackberry. If I feel like it I'll change it to white but not a big fan of white.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-10 11:41 AM
    If you want your phone to stand out then white is for you. Like what LOYBOY said at the end of the day it's just a housing. It think white is for girls though.

And no. I will not going to upgrade my black 9700 to white one.

05-02-10 12:04 PM
    yo thanks amazingGreaceless that is slick.....!
    05-02-10 04:22 PM
    Nope. I'm more than happy with it in black. Only electronic I have that I prefer in white is my DSi, and that's just because the matte black looks terrible.

05-02-10 04:33 PM
    Would definitely not get a white Berry,especially in my line of work, it would be ruined in a matter of days..
    05-02-10 04:40 PM
    i don't prefer white cell phones.
    05-02-10 04:50 PM
    I love mine the way it is..
    05-02-10 05:55 PM
    i'm gonna expand this a little bit.

i wouldn't go white. i think white iphones especially white bbs look tacky. the leather on the white bold 9000 looks awful in my opinion. i guess i feel white phones look kinda, for lack of a better term, "****** bag" as well.

i would, however, consider changing color. maybe some gunmetal gray? similart to the dark one u see on cars sometimes. who knows. the only thing that puts me off is that i've heard non-oem keyboards aren't that great; but i probably wouldn't change the keyboard to begin with.
    05-02-10 06:18 PM
    the difference with the white 9700 is that the LCD frame is also white. that's one thing you can't do if you just bought the pieces.
    05-02-10 06:25 PM
    I love my black one but I'm taking a white one the second they come in. And it'll be a real one. Some of my employees have done those custom black or red or white etc jobs with parts and they always look and feel like exactly what they are-- HK junk. Go original or don't go.

05-02-10 06:56 PM
    my friend jus bought the white bezel, white keyboard and white battery door from sw-box. Looks pretty good. Its just a housing at the end of the day.

Yes its a housing. But OEM is way better than after market. (Exception to Colorware).

05-02-10 09:08 PM
    Yes its a housing. But OEM is way better than after market. (Exception to Colorware).

Absolutely right. Non OEM almost always looks cheap and feels even cheaper.

05-02-10 09:16 PM
    I certainly don't think/believe that white phones are only girls at all. I would love the white one. But since I already have the black, I'll only get one if my black one craps out on me.
    05-03-10 06:52 PM
    I think the white is really sharp looking but I would be OCD about having to keep it clean but it would match the white laptop that i have.
    05-03-10 08:06 PM
    **** no,
    only thing i would consider later on is buying a new black housing when this one is very damaged. Or mayb a matte black housing would be nice (like the back is)
    05-04-10 12:15 PM
    I won't buy a white one because I already have a 9700 anyway.

If I wanted to mod it then I'm voiding my warranty on my current phone.
    05-04-10 01:31 PM
    I wont be doing the white case because i DID THIS!!!!! LOL

05-04-10 11:31 PM
    i always thought about it but the 9700 is as sexy as it is in black
    05-04-10 11:35 PM
    I'm sticking w/ Black. I liked the photos of the white online, but when I saw it in the store I wasn't a huge fan.
    05-05-10 05:39 AM
    I'm sticking w/ Black. I liked the photos of the white online, but when I saw it in the store I wasn't a huge fan.
    WHERE did you see it in the store???
    Was it a non-functioning display unit or the real thing? If it was a display unit-- did the rep tell you when the real ones are coming?
    Thx

05-05-10 05:55 AM
    the white looks good, but it's just not my cup of tea
    05-05-10 05:55 AM
    I had a white dummy unit in my hands today at Carphone Warehouse (UK) however I know that they dont have any available, either in (any) store or showing for procurement from thier warehouse.

The rep had no idea when they would become available.

If I'm honest, it looked nice because it is different but that aside, I can see it turning matt grey long before the end of a 24month contract expires.
    05-05-10 01:22 PM
    **** no,
    only thing i would consider later on is buying a new black housing when this one is very damaged. Or mayb a matte black housing would be nice (like the back is)
    theres a saying out there "once you go black, you never go back"
    i dont think so.
    i think the white is pretty sweet looking. i'LL probably buy this, or just buy the housing aftermarket.
    05-05-10 01:46 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD