Sup all.....I need some help.

Been trying to connect my device GPS and Google maps for months now but to no avail. I get either GPS is Temporarily unavailable or it says Waiting on GPS.... I've been outside, in the middle of a soccer field still nothing.

The GPS is obviously working because I have geotagging for some of my apps set to use GPS rather the cell tower.

My particulars....8900, with .610, Google Map v4.02 and yes I have done battery pulls.

Im in Barbados on Digicel network, I called and asked if they blocked GPS, "Whats GPS"

Any ideas?
    05-02-10 08:48 AM
    No one has any ideas as to whats going on with my GPS?
    05-02-10 10:24 PM
    I have the exact same issue. I'm on OS 5.0.0.592.. BB 8900 Google Map v4.02 Telenav and telemap5 neither can lock a satellite... :-(
    05-04-10 12:00 AM
    I have an 8900. With .610, I never had that problem till yesterday, I also us blackstar, and it would sit for over 2 hours trying to find gps sat. This was odd cause I never had this problem before. The only thing I did was install a few new apps to try. So I went and removed all the new apps that I installed, did a batt pull, and bingo, gps is working like a charm. So it could very well be one of your apps could stoping your gps from working corectly

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-10 09:47 AM
    I had the same problem since apr 22, but it automagically worked today
    05-05-10 09:54 AM
    lol automagially.

Google maps is an epic failure starting from 4.0.1
    I think you should use BBMaps until it starts to stablize.
    05-05-10 10:06 AM
    lol automagially.

Google maps is an epic failure starting from 4.0.1
    I think you should use BBMaps until it starts to stablize.
    Those of us that have att can't use bbmaps, it's ok, cause I never had a problem with google maps, nor have I ever had a problem with att. (Not to forget my bill is cheaper than my verizon friends that have the same services)

05-05-10 10:23 AM
    Ok. When outside go to options and look for GPS, then hit the blackberry key and do a refresh. You should adquire your new position and google maps should then pick it up.
    05-05-10 10:27 AM
    Just to be safe, do you have GPS functionality enabled in your settings? GPS is independent from cell-based location; google maps supports both.
    05-07-10 10:44 AM
    I often have this problem with my GPS. I have to run my GPS program for a few minutes while I drive around until it decides that it finally wants to connect. Does yours eventually connect?
    05-07-10 03:48 PM
    The settings in options/advanced options are all enabled.

Never connects, I left the phone searing for hours one night, came back and it time-out.
    05-07-10 03:57 PM
    I had the same problem. I had to try and refresh my GPS (Advance options) about 7 times before it locked on to my location. Then I tried the "find me" location on the native maps app, but it didn't work. Then one day while driving home from work, I tried it again, and it instantly locked onto my location.

I think the GPS in blackberries work better when you are in a moving car.
    05-07-10 08:58 PM
    The settings in options/advanced options are all enabled.

Never connects, I left the phone searing for hours one night, came back and it time-out.
    Well if your GPS has never connected, then you have a faulty GPS antenna embedded inside the phone. Call your carrier and get your bb replaced or at least the antenna fixed.

05-08-10 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD