Try to type MEP2 and doesn't work Storm 9550

When I type in MEPD the screen says:
    SIM-----------------DISABLED
    NETWORK-----------BLOCKED
    NETWORK SUBSET---DISABLED
    SERVICE PROVIDER--DISABLED
    CORPORATE---------DISABLED

Tried typing mep2, mepp2, meppd the prompt screen don't appear, nothing happens. When i restart the phone a messege comes up saying "MEP check failed. Do you want to enter MEP unlock code?" when i select "Yes" nothing happens.

PLEEEAASE HEELPP!!!
    05-02-10 07:49 AM
    My network says Active and I am not unlocked .....
    05-02-10 08:09 AM
    MEPD and MEP2 is the correct followed by the correct code. mep2 is wrong.
    Glad I could help.
    05-02-10 08:21 AM
    MEPD and MEP2 is the correct followed by the correct code. mep2 is wrong.
    Glad I could help.
    You mean MEP2 in caps? that din't work either!!! I have unlocked several Storm2 before and this is the first time i encounter this problem.

Can anyone help please???
    05-02-10 08:07 PM
    My network says Active and I am not unlocked .....
    When you unlock it, it will go to INACTIVE.
    05-03-10 02:52 AM
    Try to type MEP2 and doesn't work Storm 9550

When I type in MEPD the screen says:
    SIM-----------------DISABLED
    NETWORK-----------BLOCKED
    NETWORK SUBSET---DISABLED
    SERVICE PROVIDER--DISABLED
    CORPORATE---------DISABLED

Tried typing mep2, mepp2, meppd the prompt screen don't appear, nothing happens. When i restart the phone a messege comes up saying "MEP check failed. Do you want to enter MEP unlock code?" when i select "Yes" nothing happens.

PLEEEAASE HEELPP!!!
    It says Network blocked, not network active like any locked BB I've had? I wonder if that's the source of the issue. I have no suggestions if mep2 from that screen won't prompt you for the code though, sorry.
    05-03-10 03:31 AM
    Try reloading your OS.
    05-03-10 04:36 AM
    Try reloading your OS.
    I tried that too! same thing...
    05-03-10 06:26 AM
    Could it be one of those very unfortunate cases where 'someone' has used all 10 attempts? Locked out.
    05-03-10 09:47 AM
    Could it be one of those very unfortunate cases where 'someone' has used all 10 attempts? Locked out.

Is a brand new phone i bought, i never attempt to enter any code before!
    05-03-10 10:21 AM
    Brand new? Weird. Not form eBay or anything? Try sending it back.
    05-03-10 10:40 AM
    Brand new? Weird. Not form eBay or anything? Try sending it back.

Brand new from someone on Ebay!
    05-03-10 10:51 AM
    Dispute. Your phone is NOT brand new. Here, let's try something; since you're more than likely not used the phone yet yourself, go to Options > Status and press the BlackBerry button > Show Keyboard > type 'B U Y R'. Tell me what you see.
    05-03-10 11:20 AM
    Dispute. Your phone is NOT brand new. Here, let's try something; since you're more than likely not used the phone yet yourself, go to Options > Status and press the BlackBerry button > Show Keyboard > type 'B U Y R'. Tell me what you see.
    Right now i'm trying to contact the seller about this, cause he stated on his Ebay post that he phone is "Brand new, Never Turn on". Well the phone looks brand new with stickers but the 16GB MicroSD was missing so he said he will ship it, i had a mind something was wrong.

I did what you told me but nothing happens! i use caps and the same, nothing!
    05-03-10 11:37 AM
    Are you sure you typed it correctly? Like MEPD, but BUYR instead and under Options > Status.
    05-03-10 11:57 AM
    Are you sure you typed it correctly? Like MEPD, but BUYR instead and under Options > Status.
    Yep, nothing comes up. All i seewhen i get to Status is the Serials of the phone like the IMEI, MEID (dec), MEID (hex), PIN.......
    05-03-10 12:08 PM
    I see what i have to look for, there:

STATUS
    Signal:--------------------Radio Off
    Battery:-------------------70%
    File Free:------------------125670588 Bytes
    PIN:................................------------
    IMEI:...............................------------
    MEID (dec):......................------------
    MEID (hex):......................------------
    WLAN MAC:----------------F4.0B.93.A0:4B:A3
    IP Adress:-----------------0.0.0.0
    DATA Usage:--------------0.0K
    VOICE Usage:--------------0:49
    IT Policy:------------------Disable
    Last edited by gnicho; 05-03-10 at 12:34 PM.
    05-03-10 12:32 PM

Have you used the phone for 49 seconds? As in, did you ever make a call with that Storm2 you have in your hands right now? If not, there you have it direct proof that the seller was a ***************** who ************** you.
    05-03-10 03:16 PM

Have you used the phone for 49 seconds? As in, did you ever make a call with that Storm2 you have in your hands right now? If not, there you have it direct proof that the seller was a ***************** who ************** you.

LOL!!! yes bro, just got the phone! make a call to try it out.... Well is confirm the phone cannot be unlock cause someone try all 10 attempts, i got in contact with the seller and he's giving me a full refund & i have to send back the phone.

Thanks for your help!!!
    05-03-10 09:38 PM
    Another reason not to buy off of eBay. Apparently some sellers don't know what they are selling. I'm glad that this ended on a positive note with a refund.
    05-04-10 01:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD