I know there has been a ton of posts about this subject and I have wrote one myself just a few days ago and I got my **** chewed out for even mentioning it. Well I guess the Android platform has just about got that problem licked. They are just around the corner from letting this jewel out. The people from Google said it may be just a "little" slower but will be very usable. The response I received from the forum was that the 9700 had plenty of storage for as many apps as you needed and still operate fast. Agreed but what will happen with the new OS and this great browser around the corner arrives. Many of the phones won't be able to use the new OS because of memory problems so that tells me that it may slow down the 9700 if too many apps are loaded. That is where the ability to save and run apps from memory card will be needed. Android put it together very fast why the **** can't Rim or some company put one together that works? "One can never have too much memory" Just my opinion.
    05-01-10 04:40 PM
    I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, I'd have to really try hard to fill all 256 MB of internal memory with apps. I have about 10 or so that I really use, and still have over 100 MB free. How much do you really need?
    05-01-10 05:04 PM
    I know there has been a ton of posts about this subject and I have wrote one myself just a few days ago and I got my **** chewed out for even mentioning it. Well I guess the Android platform has just about got that problem licked. They are just around the corner from letting this jewel out. The people from Google said it may be just a "little" slower but will be very usable. The response I received from the forum was that the 9700 had plenty of storage for as many apps as you needed and still operate fast. Agreed but what will happen with the new OS and this great browser around the corner arrives. Many of the phones won't be able to use the new OS because of memory problems so that tells me that it may slow down the 9700 if too many apps are loaded. That is where the ability to save and run apps from memory card will be needed. Android put it together very fast why the **** can't Rim or some company put one together that works? "One can never have too much memory" Just my opinion.

2 things here.

1) All we know for sure is that this coming soon for android. No release date has been let out of the bag. And we won't know how well it works until after its been in the wild for awhile. Not to mention, android and BB os are as fundamentally different as oranges and horses.

2)RIM is focused on the experience of the end user. What do you think would happen if they supported this and people started buying the slowest/cheapest 16g cards they can? Installing apps would take considerably longer, launching apps would take longer, and what happens when that card has an error? I have had my phone for 2 months now, and have already had a card error twice, the phone wouldn't boot with the card in until I chkdskd and formatted the card.

And lets assume that os6 takes up 2x the space of 5, so the new phones will still have over 300megs of space available for apps. Until WOW, or SL becomes standard on a smartphone, you will still have enough space and then some.
    Last edited by rdyoung; 05-01-10 at 05:52 PM.
    05-01-10 05:38 PM
    I was wondering the same thing. I have just 86 mgs of space available and I don't have a huge amount of apps.
    05-01-10 06:21 PM
    It would be intersting to see exactly how many apps a 9700 WILL run. There are only like 25 apps worth having, and Ive got most of them, PLUS 6 custom themes and still have 95MB free-thats a LOT of app room. Id be surprised if a person could fill that.
    05-01-10 06:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD