How do u change the color of the indicator lights for alert messages. Say customized for a specific mail. The default customization only allows on or off for the led but doesn't allow color selection.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-10 11:50 PM
    You can't. There's an app for that. I think mostly everyone might use bebuzz?
    04-30-10 11:54 PM
    You need an app for that, berrybuzz is used by many peeps on the forums. I don't have it bc I have crunchsms and it doesn't work with it.

05-01-10 12:00 AM
    BerryBuzz AKA BeBuzz. I think there's a free version of it now.

05-01-10 02:10 AM
    Is there a way to get the free version without going through app world?
    05-01-10 03:43 AM
    I've been using BerryBuzz for ages and it is worth the money. If you wait long enough though it might appear on the CB Store deal of the day.
    05-01-10 04:17 AM
    Is there a way to get the free version without going through app world?
    Download BerryBuzz 3.0.59 for Blackberry Free Trial - The essential alert tool for every BlackBerry. - Softpedia

Or download it from CrackBerry store, or just use the AppWorld, nothing wrong with it, besides being **** ugly.
    05-01-10 04:25 AM
    thanks for the link! Wish I could go through appworld but its blocked where I live.
    05-01-10 04:27 AM
    The free trial will only last 7 days. You have to get the free version through app world

05-01-10 05:26 AM
    BeBuzz is worth paying the $5 or so that it costs. I can't begin to describe how convenient it is to be able to see exactly what kind of message I have without having to unlock my phone. The reminders could come in handy too, but I don't use them.

05-01-10 07:08 AM
    thanks for the information and link.

hmm... wierd cause theres so many things about BBs that seems like it should come standard with BBs but are not.
    05-02-10 02:40 AM
    To be honest there are so many things that BBs should do out of the box. Like ring and vibrate at the same time

Maybe things will be different in OS v6.0
    05-02-10 05:55 AM
    There are apps which cater to this, and some popular ones are:
    1)BerryBuzz (Free trial w/ limited function & paid app w/ complete customization)
    by Bellshare GmbH
    Link (For Paid Version + Free Trial 7Days): BerryBuzz - Custom LED Colors, Repeating Alerts and more! - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    2)Color ID (Free trial w/ limited function & paid app w/ complete customization)
    by Motek Americas Inc.
    Link (For free version-LITE): Color ID Lite - LED Status Light Customizer for Email, Incoming Calls and SMS - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    Link (For Paid Version): Color ID - LED Status Light Customizer for Email, Incoming Calls and SMS - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

Well like most the comments out here recommend the "BerryBuzz" app, I too would suggest going for the BerryBuzz Paid version, as you can customize everything from the email accounts to your twitter account.
    Its just a small price to pay for a great app and it can be downloaded from both the BB App world or Crackberry Superstore.!
    I've been using this app since the day I got my device and it's been of great help.
    Last edited by bbaddict9700; 05-02-10 at 07:16 AM.
    05-02-10 06:39 AM
    To be honest there are so many things that BBs should do out of the box. Like ring and vibrate at the same time

That's true. Something like editing a stupid led light should also be standard IMO.

05-02-10 10:28 AM
    That's true. Something like editing a stupid led light should also be standard IMO.

Yes it should. And they should not just stop after 15 minutes. That is the most obvious upgrade RIM should ever do, and it looks like they have no intention of doing it.
    05-02-10 10:55 AM

Umm...it does vibrate and ring at the same time straight out of the box. Check your settings, it's there.

Having a different coloured LED is not essential. I would argue that it's not a deal breaker for someone considering buying a BB. By leaving it off, a third party can develop and make a profit from the program and it gives them more capital to reinvest to create new and better programs. Everyone wins, RIM's happy, the 3rd party is happy and the consumer is happy.
    05-02-10 11:30 AM
    I don't see the need for them to spend time and money to standardize LED customizing. I could careless what color or how many times my LED blinks. I do have bbuzz because its fun to play with but I'd rather RIM work of webkits and new OS and new phones then something as stupid as a flashing light.

Bbuzz is enjoyable to play with. I don't think its a necessity and most of the time i notice I have a message by the vibrations and personalized sound then what color the lights blinking. So if your getting an app for that get a free one, odds are you wont even use it much.
    05-02-10 04:14 PM
    i like to keep my phone silent so BerryBuzz is an awesome app which alerts me without having to keep checking on the phone. well worth the $5
    05-03-10 06:32 AM

hmmmmmm it does vibe and ring at the same time in 5.0..

check your profile settings..
    05-03-10 08:46 AM
    Yes it should. And they should not just stop after 15 minutes. That is the most obvious upgrade RIM should ever do, and it looks like they have no intention of doing it.
    I highly disagree with this. I think rim has more important features to worry about then the color or length of the led flashing. Who doesn't check their message within 15 minutes anyways..

IMO, the most obvious upgrade rim should ever consider is having an UNDO feature.
    05-03-10 09:25 AM
    I use and app called ColorID....I actually paid for the full version, but it's worth it to me, I likes it.
    05-03-10 09:42 AM
    I use BerryBuzz - the $5 was well worth it for me. When my phone's on silent I can glance down and know immediately what kind of alert is going off, and whether or not it's important enough to answer immediately or if it can wait. I know I can wait for teal or red but green or purple are more pressing, for example.

I understand why RIM doesn't do this out of the box - these devices are marketed mostly towards professionals who may or may not want disco alerts when they're in business meetings.
    05-03-10 10:13 AM
    hey cybermonkey how do you like colourID?
    05-03-10 08:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD