1. deletedaccountkimbercutes824's Avatar
    When I have my phone on silent when I get a phone call I it still rings!! I tried to make sure that everything was set right and everything seems to be ok.

I think it only rings when my husband calls. I have a custom ringtone set for him and I make sure everything was set right under contacts but it still rings/plays ring tone when he calls.

Right now I have "all alerts off"

What do I need to change for it to not ring when he or anyone calls? Do I need to re-load the OS to fix it?
    04-30-10 01:48 PM
  2. deletedaccountkimbercutes824's Avatar
    boost!

Still needing help! I deleted the contact alerts and now when my husband calls me when its on silent it does not play the ring tone.

But I would like to still have custom ring tones for certain contacts but when I put it on silent I need it all on silent. How do I silent the custom ring tones!!
    05-04-10 03:12 AM
    When you go into Sound Profiles > Set Contact Alerts > [Your Husband's Name] > Phone, is Volume set to Active Profile? If not, it should be, that way when you put the phone on silent (by activating the Silent profile), the phone won't ring when he calls.
    05-04-10 06:07 AM
    My 9700 was doing the exact same thing thing when my husband (and no one else) called too! I thought it was a weird OS thing, but have gone through two updates and it still played his ringtone when set on silent. Not a good thing when in a meeting or on set!

Thanks for the fix -- I changed it back to "active profile" and all is silent again!
    07-16-10 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD