Everything seems to be working well (knock on wood!) with the exception of my 1XEV fading in and out... it frequently jumps between 1XEV, 1X, and just NO reception whatsoever (just an x so as to signify that there is no reception).... It just happens randomly. My husband also has a Tour on Sprint, and this happens to his phone as well, just at different times than mine. For instance, we will both be in the same room, and he will have 1XEV and I'll have NO reception whatsoever... Later that day, we'll be out to eat and I'll have 1XEV and he'll either have just 1X or no reception at all.

Is this a problem with the device or lovely Sprint? Thanks!
    04-30-10 12:38 PM
    I'm using the Tour on Sprint and I've got 1XEV all day. Amazing reception

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-10 12:41 PM
    Which OS are you 2 running?

You have to consider that factors like the room where you both are in etc can influence reception. This totally depends on construction the building, like pipings in the wall.

Does it only happen when you are indoors?
    04-30-10 01:09 PM
    My wife and I see similar results on ATT in our house with very different phones. Around here reception and overall local tower usage affect us severely no matter the device.

04-30-10 01:26 PM
    When im in my office i have spotty reception. Anywhere else im good.
    04-30-10 01:56 PM
    Yea, I've been with Sprint for about 5 years now and I've never had reception issues, always full bars everywhere with the exception if i'm in a basement or something. I'm definitely satisfied with the service and I only pay 40$/month
    04-30-10 02:20 PM
    The same thing happens to me and my honey. One is a Tour the other a Curve. We both have excellent reception overall but at times it varies between the two phones. I assumed it was the phones...now I am wondering too.
    04-30-10 08:28 PM
    I have a Tour on Sprint's network. My reception is excellent, very nice service (Dallas area).
    04-30-10 09:13 PM
    I have the same problem OP it's gotta be the phone
    04-30-10 09:16 PM
    Hmm.... So it seems like the general consensus is that it might be the phones themselves.... I'm still within the 30 day exchange period -- do you guys recommend exchanging them for another set of Tours? If so, do you think I'll be "chancing" that I'll get one that is even *worse*?

It happens both indoors and outdoors, and it happens in all the same places where we used to use our Curves and had no problems whatsoever (for instance, we still live in the same house as we did when we had our Curves yet we never had a problem with them -- only the Tours).

I mean, at most the outage will last 5-10 minutes (so far anyway), which I could tolerate I suppose, even though it is frustrating if I'm trying to send something that is work-related and I get a huge delay. BUT, I simply can't deal with a crappy trackball or some of the other issues I've read about, so I'm kind of in a dilemma.... opinions?
    04-30-10 09:58 PM
    I was happy with the Tour at the beginning but now have had 4 and the 4th is for sale if you can get then new Curve 8530 then go for it. I don't think I have downgraded. I actually like it a lot better. I am on Verizon and never have an issue with coverage, it was the phone.
    05-01-10 12:14 AM
    It can be the radio in the OS. Carap do you know what os your devices are running?

options > about
    05-01-10 12:18 AM
    Everything seems to be working well (knock on wood!) with the exception of my 1XEV fading in and out... it frequently jumps between 1XEV, 1X, and just NO reception whatsoever (just an x so as to signify that there is no reception).... It just happens randomly. My husband also has a Tour on Sprint, and this happens to his phone as well, just at different times than mine. For instance, we will both be in the same room, and he will have 1XEV and I'll have NO reception whatsoever... Later that day, we'll be out to eat and I'll have 1XEV and he'll either have just 1X or no reception at all.

Is this a problem with the device or lovely Sprint? Thanks!
    I LOVE Sprint threads! I eat them for dinner!

-My phone does this frequently. Sprint receptions SUCKS. We have to deal with it., sorry for the sucky advice but sometimes.. the truth hurts.
    05-01-10 12:27 AM
    Lot of different variables come into play, just like mentioned earlier, construction of the building, where you actually live. I am not sure about everyones but my Tour scans looking for the best reception and no I do not have an app for that.
    05-01-10 08:28 AM
    have Sprint take a look @ it.
    05-01-10 08:58 AM
    I LOVE Sprint threads! I eat them for dinner!

-My phone does this frequently. Sprint receptions SUCKS. We have to deal with it., sorry for the sucky advice but sometimes.. the truth hurts.
    I have a Tour and the Wife has a Curve 8330 both on Sprint,, excellent coverage here. Been with them for over 12yrs and had great service all around. If you hate Sprint so much, then SWITCH carriers!!!
    05-01-10 09:55 AM
    I'm having the same problem with my new Tour. My first Tour was great... I had no complaints. Now I'm going from 1XEV to no reception without even moving. It's got to be this particular phone. I just got it Wednesday so I'm debating whether or not to exchange it or just wait for the 9650.
    05-01-10 02:11 PM
    I have a Tour and the Wife has a Curve 8330 both on Sprint,, excellent coverage here. Been with them for over 12yrs and had great service all around. If you hate Sprint so much, then SWITCH carriers!!!
    $$$$$$$$$$$

05-01-10 04:27 PM
    I'm having the same problem with my new Tour. My first Tour was great... I had no complaints. Now I'm going from 1XEV to no reception without even moving. It's got to be this particular phone. I just got it Wednesday so I'm debating whether or not to exchange it or just wait for the 9650.
    Yeah I'm in the same boat.... Also, since I first got it (but it has gotten worse as I've used it more), the area by the standby/mute key is loose, and whenever I press the standby key, my screen gets like a wave of white going through it (which happens with LCD screens a lot in my experience, but I don't think that it should be happening when I simply press the mute key). I shouldn't say that the key itself is lose, but it's rather the FRONT part of the phone (like where it says Blackberry). I don't want dust to get under there or anything because it is loosening increasingly the more I use the standby and keyboard lock buttons....

Ugh, I don't know if I should try another Tour or just wait for the Bold when it hopefully comes out May 16.
    05-02-10 08:58 AM
    Go into Manage Connections > Mobile Network Options > Network Technology should be set to 1XEV. The other selections are for when you are using the Tour internationally. See if that doesn't help your reception issues. I use the Tour, have for almost a year and love it! (Sprint just looked at it) ;0) Also, I leave my Network Selection Mode on Home unless I find myself somewhere that it is not working.
    05-02-10 01:40 PM
    9650 will be available via Direct ship for Sprint May 16. In stores May 23.
    05-02-10 01:41 PM
    My reception is fine, It could b the area u live in or where u might b at the time. Have u dropped ur phone before??... bcuz once u drop it or start droppin it...it's over for ur reception.
    05-02-10 02:56 PM
    Call Customer Service. I had a similar issue with my previous berry. The battery also died very quickly from trying to search for a signal. I thought there was a problem in my area, but others were not having the issue. I forget the setting that was changed (can't recall if they did it on their end or asked me to do it), but the problem went away after that. Def give them a call.
    I've now called them TWICE, and both techs that I got refused to even try to troubleshoot it with me.... They keep saying, "Take it into a repair shop and they'll try to figure out what's wrong and fix it there." I then replied, "I've only had it for a week. If I'm going to take it in, I'm going to swap it out, not get it repaired." I don't understand why they couldn't at least try to change the settings or something over the phone. It's such a pain...
    05-03-10 08:17 PM
    I've now called them TWICE, and both techs that I got refused to even try to troubleshoot it with me.... They keep saying, "Take it into a repair shop and they'll try to figure out what's wrong and fix it there." I then replied, "I've only had it for a week. If I'm going to take it in, I'm going to swap it out, not get it repaired." I don't understand why they couldn't at least try to change the settings or something over the phone. It's such a pain...
    Did you try the setting I suggested?
    05-03-10 08:33 PM
    Did you try the setting I suggested?
    Yeah I think it's already set to that though, unless I'm not looking at the right thing....
    05-04-10 11:09 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD