I am really tired of RIM's treating apple as "not a real computer" (direct quote from a BB support tech a prior to their release of the Mac Desktop. t-mobile tech said they don't have OS 5 on their website as they are still "testing" it. Blackberry has it - IF you're using Windows and IE.

forget this. Even though I love my crackberry, when my contract is up, and I'm eligible to trade up, it's not going to be another blackberry. Maybe Android.

It's the end of the first decade of the 21st century, RIM. Join in the fun, Luser. CD/ down

3 year crackberry user
    Curve 8900
    04-30-10 01:32 AM
    HUH?

10chars
    04-30-10 06:23 AM
    Most of us get on fine with a PC. The Mac is a minority sport, my friend and whilst you can do some things with a BlackBerry on a Mac (Sync, Backup/Restore, etc.), you really need a proper PC to manupulate OSs and the like.
    04-30-10 06:33 AM
    Most of us get on fine with a PC. The Mac is a minority sport, my friend and whilst you can do some things with a BlackBerry on a Mac (Sync, Backup/Restore, etc.), you really need a proper PC to manupulate OSs and the like.
    If RIM doesn't want my business, fine, but I'll make damn sure that evry mac user I know understands that a BB is crippleware. Being "minority" is a lazy-assed excuse, topped only by beong told that "We can't make this trainiing dvd cross-platform" it's lazy and not very good business practice. See, the iphone like the ipod was developed in response to this type of nonsense.
    I have a proper computer. One I don't have to replace evryy few years just run the newest beta of Windows
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Stereo Pair; 04-30-10 at 11:35 AM.
    04-30-10 11:32 AM
    That is an arrogant statement, that borderlines on ignorant. A Mac is not a "proper PC"? Care to explain this?
    04-30-10 12:41 PM
    Because proper PC's have driver issues and BSOD.

04-30-10 01:03 PM
    And if it makes you feel better iirc RIM will be making BlackBerry 6 carrier agnostic (the update will be pushed to you directly after RIM has released it, with no intervention from the carrier).

04-30-10 01:06 PM
    That is an arrogant statement, that borderlines on ignorant. A Mac is not a "proper PC"? Care to explain this?
    Having spent the last several decades in IT and having worked on just about every piece of hardware and software that has been on the market since the 1970s, I reckon that I can explain this.

The Mac is OS is based on Uniox. A freee OS. Apple have put a UI on the top of this very much like X-Windows. Underlying this is a real mish mash of a file system. Beyond the Unix base the Mac is a totally disoganised system. Against this, Windows PCs from Windows 95 on have had a coherent and heirachical filing system not only in the OS area but also for th users.

When PCs fail, there is a fairly simple remedy procedure that nearly always works. The Mac is a really difficult to trace where all the user files have been hidden.

The Mac hardware, is only available from Apple. Bad move for most people. This makes it overpriced. However it is good for certain vrtical apps such as desktop publishoing and audio studio work. PC hardware is available at low cost just about everywhere. The big advantage of this is that you can find just about any peice of hardware or software you want for a PC. If one way of doing something is overpriced of the specs are wroing. Another vendor will probably have what you want.

Software programs are much harder to find for Macs. Developers pay more attention to making them work because if they do not, then other vendors will spring up to take their place.

I think that I must be correct in my assumptiuons because the rest of the world seems to think the same as me. Macs occupy a tiny part of the computing world. It is not therefore surprising that RIM direct most of their efforts toward the massive, major market leader -- the "proper PC", running Windows.

I am not particulary anti-Mac. Rather I am simply swayed by the figures (market and price / performance) and the vast number of people who simply prefer PCs.
    04-30-10 01:59 PM
    I have a dedicated team of crack translators working on ht the OP is trying to get at in his "statement", I'll post when I figure it out.

Pete, I thought Mac's were just PC hardware now? Didn't Apple make the switch to off the shelf components and the only thing unique to them is hype for yesterday's features and the front end on the OS?
    04-30-10 02:10 PM
    Yeah, Android will solve all your problems, as long as you get a few syncing programs and maybe use iCal to sync info from your Mac to Google so you can get it on the phone...

Out of the frying pan, into the fire...

Would you aim for the 90% of the market or the 10% side?
    04-30-10 03:03 PM
    why dont you just load windows on your mac?
    04-30-10 06:19 PM
    install virtual box and then install/run windows on your mac, simple as that.

Downloads - VirtualBox
    05-01-10 06:35 AM
    If RIM doesn't want my business, fine, but I'll make damn sure that evry mac user I know understands that a BB is crippleware. Being "minority" is a lazy-assed excuse, topped only by beong told that "We can't make this trainiing dvd cross-platform" it's lazy and not very good business practice. See, the iphone like the ipod was developed in response to this type of nonsense.
    I have a proper computer. One I don't have to replace evryy few years just run the newest beta of Windows
    You have no idea, do you...

As a CEO, why would I "invest" the same resources for ~5% as I do for the ~95%? It's called return on investment. And based on that, I'm guessing RIM doesn't make enough money from the Mac crowd to cover their cost of development for that platform. It's not lazy, its just business.

On a side note, your post here oozes of Mac zealotry, which makes me ask, why aren't you on the Jobs bandwagon and going to the iPhony?
    05-01-10 08:48 AM
    good points, i do see were sterio pair is coming from but i dont agree.
    1.why on earth do you have mac its 2010.
    2.install virtual box and then install/run windows on your mac.
    3.get a pc
    4.at least you have a blackberry its a fanastic bit of tech and surely you could use someones pc to upgrade?
    just arrogant and ungratfull
    05-01-10 11:28 PM
    Having spent the last several decades in IT and having worked on just about every piece of hardware and software that has been on the market since the 1970s, I reckon that I can explain this.

The Mac is OS is based on Uniox. A freee OS. Apple have put a UI on the top of this very much like X-Windows. Underlying this is a real mish mash of a file system. Beyond the Unix base the Mac is a totally disoganised system. Against this, Windows PCs from Windows 95 on have had a coherent and heirachical filing system not only in the OS area but also for th users.

When PCs fail, there is a fairly simple remedy procedure that nearly always works. The Mac is a really difficult to trace where all the user files have been hidden.
    <snip>
    I think that I must be correct in my assumptiuons because the rest of the world seems to think the same as me. Macs occupy a tiny part of the computing world. It is not therefore surprising that RIM direct most of their efforts toward the massive, major market leader -- the "proper PC", running Windows.

I am not particulary anti-Mac. Rather I am simply swayed by the figures (market and price / performance) and the vast number of people who simply prefer PCs.
    mish mash? The file system on Mac OS X are organized fairly well. As someone that used to support Windows systems, the Preferences files take the place of the Windows registry, which is a complete cluster**** of organization.

You're very anti-Mac. I remember your comments that RIM would never release a Mac Desktop client.
    05-03-10 01:00 AM
    mish mash? The file system on Mac OS X are organized fairly well. As someone that used to support Windows systems, the Preferences files take the place of the Windows registry, which is a complete cluster**** of organization.

You're very anti-Mac. I remember your comments that RIM would never release a Mac Desktop client.
    And look what happened when they did.....
    05-03-10 05:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD