So, I have a Blackberry 8800. It was on password protect, so when you lock it and try to get back on to it - it asks for a password.

Now, I left it in the company of my young cousin and he tried all 10 times to enter a password, he said it even asked him to type "blackberry" once, but after the final attempt - it said "WIPE OUT" and now the screen is on a permanent grey screen on which there is a rectangular shape with a circle around it and line through it with the numbers "507" underneath.

HOW CAN I FIX THIS? HAVE I LOST EVERYTHING? PLEASE HELP!
    06-25-08 09:09 PM
    You can't fix it. Unless you have a backup, you've lost everything on the Blackberry. There is no way to recover from a wipe other than restoring a backup.

The 507 error means that something or someone (your panicked cousin? you?) interrupted the process. Now you have to install the OS as well. Look in the Newbies area at the top right of the screen. Click the button and select the Blackberry 101 Lecture Series. One of the lectures tells you how to recover from a nuked blackberry. I'd post the specific link, but the site is down at the moment.

I'm sorry for your misfortune. If you need help with the reinstall, just post your question. Someone will help.
    06-25-08 09:52 PM
    I'd post the specific link, but the site is down at the moment.
    It may be back. Is this it?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/
    06-25-08 09:55 PM
    That reference is fine. The one I was looking for is from the Blackberry 101 Reference series, here: BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    06-25-08 10:06 PM
    What have you tried (see this is going to tell me if he's legit)?
    06-26-08 05:10 AM
    This could only happen to a silly boy like Huzaifah.

Get Uncle Amir to follow the instructions and help you with it.
    06-26-08 06:11 AM
    This is why I backup at least once a week. It only takes a minute at u won't be kicking yourself later if something happens, whether its losing your phone or a family member screwing around with ur phone.

If this is legit, then I feel your pain goldmanblackberry. I let my brother play with my phone and the next thing I know, he's asking me what it means when the phone is wiping. Sorry bud

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-08 06:25 AM
    This is why I do not Let anyone Play with my BB Why would you ?
    I back mine up once a week as well.
    06-26-08 07:50 AM
    When you back up does it back up everything? Messages, contacts, applications? When I swapped bb's It didn't I had to have verizon do it and also lost my messages? There is some kind if sync for wireless that I couldn't find

06-26-08 08:00 AM
    Well ya know I have never had to do a Restore ,, But there is a Option while in Desktop under Options that says DATA ,, I have not picked through the files but I would assume that would be the Place.. Thats a Good question and I will look into my latest Backup and see if I can Tell.
    06-26-08 08:16 AM
    By the way YES it does Backup all Messages. Also Contacts and Logs.
    06-26-08 08:23 AM
    Thanks a lot of all your help, guys. Of course this is legit, why would I lie?!
    06-26-08 09:04 PM
    Thanks a lot of all your help, guys. Of course this is legit, why would I lie?!
    Why do we have crime?

It is nothing personal, we get that from time to time in here, where people have a stolen phone and looking for help on how to clean it or recover certain information.

Good luck with the install.
    06-26-08 09:20 PM
    No worries.

Still having difficulty. I can't seem to find a site anywhere where I can download the OS for my Blackberry 8800.

Can anybody send me a link?

I called Blackberry help but you need to be a subscriber and I'm not one.

All that happened was that the password was entered wrong 10 times, and now the b*st*rd blackberry won't work!
    06-29-08 02:31 PM
    06-29-08 02:35 PM
    ...All that happened was that the password was entered wrong 10 times, and now the b*st*rd blackberry won't work!
    Wiping the blackberry does not affect the OS. You will not have to reload the OS after a wipe. You normally get the OS from your providers website.
    06-29-08 02:37 PM
    Thanks a lot.

Still not working though; I'm using the link Jeff posted.

and everything runs smoothly, until it comes to Device Application Selection where nothing is displayed, but the tutorial shows a list of apps etc..

This is unbelievably frustrating.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?!
    06-29-08 03:24 PM
    You can't fix it. Unless you have a backup, you've lost everything on the Blackberry. There is no way to recover from a wipe other than restoring a backup.

The 507 error means that something or someone (your panicked cousin? you?) interrupted the process. Now you have to install the OS as well. Look in the Newbies area at the top right of the screen. Click the button and select the Blackberry 101 Lecture Series. One of the lectures tells you how to recover from a nuked blackberry. I'd post the specific link, but the site is down at the moment.

I'm sorry for your misfortune. If you need help with the reinstall, just post your question. Someone will help.

I thought I had to re-install the OS?
    06-29-08 03:26 PM
    I am sorry, I'm guilty of not reading back to the beginning and forgetting something important. Wiping a blackberry does not require an OS reload, however, in your case, you had a nuked berry. That's beyond wiped. So while my statement was correct, it didn't apply in your case. My apologies again for the mis-direction.

06-29-08 03:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD