I have been synching my BIS Storm2 with my work Outlook via Desktop Manager with no issues since I got my BB. I have about 500 contacts that synch between Outlook and my phone. All of a sudden yesterday I synched and it only recognized my phone as having 7 contacts, and therefore deleted all but 7 on my Outlook. All 500 are still on my phone. I've rebooted and synched again, same thing. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
    04-29-10 03:14 PM
    ambrodsky,
    Have you tried setting DM to have your handheld to override you desktop to get them back onto Outlook?
    Good Luck
    04-29-10 10:24 PM
    I have tried that. It seems the problem is that when it reads the handset to synch it only reads 7 contacts. So that's what it's already doing. It thought the phone only had 7 contacts, so it deleted all but those 7 from Outlook. This happened totally randomly. not at all sure why. Even tried a full re-synch. Same thing. Very frustrating.
    04-30-10 07:57 AM
    I have tried that. It seems the problem is that when it reads the handset to synch it only reads 7 contacts. So that's what it's already doing. It thought the phone only had 7 contacts, so it deleted all but those 7 from Outlook. This happened totally randomly. not at all sure why. Even tried a full re-synch. Same thing. Very frustrating.
    Sorry to hear that ambodsky,

I'm not a techie but have one other suggestion. Have you tried "detect and repair" in Outlook? It's under help the menu at the top of Outlook.
    After the repair is complete get out of Outlook and then back in then try resyncing.

Good Luck
    04-30-10 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD