Hi all,

I'm trying to setup my WiFi - connection with a WEP key. Although my WEP key is exactly 10 characters long, it keeps saying:

WEP key must be 10 or 26 hexadecimal (0-9, A-F) digits, or 5 or 13 characters.

My WEP key is: OB95C57E68 and it works fine on my laptop.

Can anyone help me with this?
    04-29-10 04:52 AM
    Hi all,

I'm trying to setup my WiFi - connection with a WEP key. Although my WEP key is exactly 10 characters long, it keeps saying:

WEP key must be 10 or 26 hexadecimal (0-9, A-F) digits, or 5 or 13 characters.

My WEP key is: OB95C57E68 and it works fine on my laptop.

Can anyone help me with this?
    Yes. Can you send me your IP address so I can hack your system now that I have your wep key?

Ok the problem is your key is not a hexadecimal key, therefore it has to be 5 or 13 characters. Your key is a character key, so you need to make it 3 characters longer.
    04-29-10 06:33 AM
    Thanks for the quick response :-)

I allready solved it. Classical problem: Is it a 0 or an O?

And yes, you are right, I shouldn't leave my WEP key on a forum :-)
    04-29-10 07:54 AM
    Thanks for the quick response :-)

I allready solved it. Classical problem: Is it a 0 or an O?

And yes, you are right, I shouldn't leave my WEP key on a forum :-)
    I saw right away in your post you had letter O, so I knew it wasn't a hex key. I should have realized it was a mistake, and should have been a zero, then your question would have made more sense to me.

Glad you have it sorted.
    04-29-10 08:34 AM
    Admin or OP might want to remove from his post the WEP key still haha.
    04-30-10 12:52 PM
    I'm getting the same error message when trying to connect to another businesses Wi-Fi near where I work. What confuses me is it's the same password I've used before to access the same router, only now it gives me that message and won't allow me to connect. Any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 10:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD