As a title..is it better to upgrade to 592 or I stay in os 5.0.0.411?or is there recommended which.OS with stable memory and low battery drain??

Thank u..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-10 03:54 AM
    There is no need to upgrade if you have no problems with 411. All builds after 411 have a different lock feature. You will get the lock icon only if you enable password locking...

04-29-10 05:08 AM
    IMHO anything from .509 up is better at memory management than .411. The leaked .610 in the Beta OS forum seems to be the best so far in that respect. All of them have been more or less the same with battery drain, except the later builds seem to have gotten a bit better at minimizing the hit to the battery caused by a restart.
    04-29-10 05:56 AM
    I have been using .592 for a few days now, pretty heavily. I have not encountered any bugs (yet). I moved from 4.6.0.303, but I did install .411 and .464 in the past, but found them deficient in one way or another (i.e. battery life, poor GPS lock and tracking, terrible battery life, no Docs to Go icons, etc...)

I think .592 is smooth, slick, fast and stable. It is a keeper for me.
    04-29-10 06:56 AM
    The .592 installation takes up much more space than most other builds. You will have on average about 5 MB less available memory on startup, which can be quite a lot depending on how much other stuff you have installed. I would suggest .610, I've tried them all and this is the best one yet in regards to battery drain and memory management.
    04-30-10 09:11 AM
    Hai Guys..

Thank u for your opinion..Finally..I just upgrade to os 5.0.0.592..so far so good...restart on � 12 am with 37 mb..now.. At 7 pm my BB Bold hold on �27 mb...
    The battery still 30 % after use 22 hours..pretty good..so far I'm satisfied for this os...but I'm missing the "A" to lock the keyboard..used mute button on the left upside seems difficult to used..its different from another bb handset like 8900 or another bb that has separate button..(Mute on left side..lock for another side)
    Wanna try os 610 leaked version..

05-05-10 11:02 AM
    I have found that .610 is a better build overall than .592. After install it has about 5MB more free memory and leaks less memory over time. Not sure about the battery life yet, but it is no worse than .592.
    05-06-10 06:36 AM
    Okay..But are os 5.0.0.610 still leaked or is there official launch?
    How about the battery on 610 leaked?Thank u..

05-06-10 06:40 AM
    Okay..But are os 5.0.0.610 still leaked or is there official launch?
    How about the battery on 610 leaked?Thank u..

So far it's still "leaked". .610 has better memory management than .592 and I think the battery is a little better... but I need more time to ascertain this.
    05-06-10 06:42 AM
    So far it's still "leaked". .610 has better memory management than .592 and I think the battery is a little better... but I need more time to ascertain this.
    Okay matt I'll wait a new info from u about the battery....???�?�?�??s?u � Matt for ur information..maybe I'll wait for the official version..

05-06-10 10:34 AM
    My office location in the building has poor reception and on all other versions, including .610, I have had dropped calls and times when the network goes "searching". Nothing more scientific than that, but when I went back to .592, those issues went away and I usually have 3 to 4 bars of 3G and no call dropping.
    05-06-10 11:59 AM
    My office location in the building has poor reception and on all other versions, including .610, I have had dropped calls and times when the network goes "searching". Nothing more scientific than that, but when I went back to .592, those issues went away and I usually have 3 to 4 bars of 3G and no call dropping.
    I originally thought that .592 has better signal strength, but then I did some testing... I went back to .592 and tested it for a few hours and observed and recorded the signal strength in different parts of the house and around the house. Then I went to .610 and did the same. I really didn't notice any significant difference. This put my mind at ease, and I'm going to stay with .610.
    05-06-10 12:26 PM
    .592 (All lang ver.) does have some problem with my bold.

It always shows that I have 2 unread sms messages after I have done the battery pull. Strange enough, I tried to remove all sms, but the unread sms notification was still on the home screen.

I have to stay with .464.
    05-06-10 09:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD