I know there are a lot of these threads, you don't have to tell me.

But i've read some and didn't find what I was looking for, exactly.

I am selling my Storm 2 9550, and want to make sure all my information is out of it.
    But I don't want to make it incapable of using for the buyer.
    So how do I wipe or just clean out of phone of my info, and still have it working for him? Should I just do a wipe, and then reinstall the OS?
    Or will he be able to reinstall the OS when he puts it and installs the BlackBerry desktop software? How does it come when you buy it from Verizon??

Thanks
    04-28-10 02:53 PM
    You're going to get a dozen different responses to this, i.e., "use BBWipe" etc. but really, all you need to do is perform a Security Wipe (Options/Security Options/Security Wipe) which will set the phone back to factory settings and remove all personal stuff. Be sure to leave the box that offers to wipe the memory card UNCHECKED. Once complete, the most recent OS you had installed will remain, as will all default apps, but your third party apps, contact list, phone numbers, calendar, etc. are gone.

Of course, you'll want to notify your carrier that you want to deactivate the phone as you're selling it, and transport your phone number to your replacement device. Once that's done, you can sell your phone and they can do everything with it but use data apps (i.e., internet) and phone. That's what I did when I sold my Storm 1, since it's obvious you're not going to leave the phone activated when you sell it. The buyer can then simply contact his/her carrier and have the phone activated with their own account.
    04-28-10 02:57 PM
    Just spray a tiny bit of windex on the phone, front and back, and wipe it off with a microfiber cloth. That is the BEST way to wipe your phone. All your 3rd party apps will be gone, as well as all of your personal settings, messages, pics, videos, etc...
    You're welcome.
    04-28-10 03:09 PM
    lmao nice one !!!!
    04-28-10 03:33 PM
    You're going to get a dozen different responses to this, i.e., "use BBWipe" etc. but really, all you need to do is perform a Security Wipe (Options/Security Options/Security Wipe) which will set the phone back to factory settings and remove all personal stuff. Be sure to leave the box that offers to wipe the memory card UNCHECKED. Once complete, the most recent OS you had installed will remain, as will all default apps, but your third party apps, contact list, phone numbers, calendar, etc. are gone.

Of course, you'll want to notify your carrier that you want to deactivate the phone as you're selling it, and transport your phone number to your replacement device. Once that's done, you can sell your phone and they can do everything with it but use data apps (i.e., internet) and phone. That's what I did when I sold my Storm 1, since it's obvious you're not going to leave the phone activated when you sell it. The buyer can then simply contact his/her carrier and have the phone activated with their own account.
    Oooh I have to deactivate it on my account?
    The phone was purchased brand new off ebay and activated on the guys account but then deactivated and I put my sim card in it to use it.

I thought all you had to do to deactivate it was take out the sim card and they put theres back into it?
    04-28-10 03:33 PM
    Charming Ultra Plus, front to back. Cause back to front is just wrong.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-10 03:39 PM
    Charming Ultra Plus, front to back. Cause back to front is just wrong.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Just beat me to it on this one bro, lol.....
    04-28-10 03:42 PM
    My bad...did not realize you were using an unlocked device on a carrier other than VZW. Since I'm on VZW with CDMA, I never mess with my SIM card, so I don't even think about it. I think you're correct about just removing your own SIM card (after you do the wipe, though). I'm guessing my phone would still work on VZW if I attempted to do so without a SIM card at all, so if your buyer happens to be on VZW, he won't have an issue (assuming he does not have one of his own).

Oooh I have to deactivate it on my account?
    The phone was purchased brand new off ebay and activated on the guys account but then deactivated and I put my sim card in it to use it.

I thought all you had to do to deactivate it was take out the sim card and they put theres back into it?
    04-28-10 03:49 PM
    My bad...did not realize you were using an unlocked device on a carrier other than VZW. Since I'm on VZW with CDMA, I never mess with my SIM card, so I don't even think about it. I think you're correct about just removing your own SIM card (after you do the wipe, though). I'm guessing my phone would still work on VZW if I attempted to do so without a SIM card at all, so if your buyer happens to be on VZW, he won't have an issue (assuming he does not have one of his own).
    Wipeing the phone won't lock it back up again correct?
    I wiped it.
    04-28-10 03:55 PM
    LOL, valid question, but over my pay grade. I've never used an unlocked phone or any other carrier but VZW and CDMA, so I don't know the answer. Since you've already done the wipe though, you tell us....does it work?

Wipeing the phone won't lock it back up again correct?
    I wiped it.
    04-28-10 04:05 PM
    If you set up email while you were using it you'll have to release the PIN.

If the PIN isn't released your buyer won't be able to get BIS service.
    04-28-10 04:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD