Article on Engadget.com
    Sprint halves its quarterly customer loss, increases revenue for the first time in ages
    By Chris Ziegler posted Apr 28th 2010 2:09PM
    If you can find the silver linings, the news is finally getting a little better over at the number three largest carrier in the States after countless quarters of brutal numbers. Sprint still isn't turning a profit or earning net customer adds, but it's continuing to stem losses by posting its first sequential rise in revenue in almost three years, clocking just under $8.1 billion for the quarter; that's still less than the revenue it posted a year ago, but hey, at least it's an improvement over Q4 2009's roughly $7.8 billion. All told, that works out to a net loss of $865 million, which is also better than Q4's $980 million. Net wireless customers fell by 75,000 -- considerably better than Q4's 148,000 -- but net postpaid customers fell by a much larger 578,000, suggesting that Boost Mobile's aggressive marketing is probably working. That's all well and good, but it also likely means that ARPU is on a downward trend; Sprint claims it was flat sequentially and down a dollar from $56 to $55 year-over-year. All told, it seems the company's fortunes are improving by baby steps -- but is it fast enough? And how much is the EVO 4G going to mix things up?
    04-28-10 02:14 PM
    just yesterday i had a random guy from the bank ask me what phone i had and he said he thought it was the EVO.. i was suprised because he looked like a type of guy that wasnt into technology!.. EVO is creating alot of buzz..
    05-01-10 09:49 AM
    If Sprint does ever make it to the top, what are we going to call them? "Big Yellow" doesn't really roll off the tongue.
    05-02-10 02:01 AM
    Like everyone else, I wish they would release the EVO earlier. Verizon never announced the incredible at CTIA but its out already and the iphone is probably coming out in June. Now, if the EVO came with FROYO at launch, then it would be worth the wait.
    05-02-10 07:26 AM
    incredible came out because HTC provides the hardware.. Verizon cant compete until it deploys its LTE which might be till 2011... If you have 4g in your area then EVO is worth the wait. and the EVO is slightly better in hardware then Incredible
    05-02-10 12:12 PM
    incredible is out yes, but alot of people have been complaining about reception issues. i think Verizon put out the phone to soon, better for Sprint and the EVO i say.
    05-02-10 08:42 PM
    Also the incredible has been having alot of rebooting issues and resetting issues. Makes me want to go to android! Lol/jk

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-10 11:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD