I downloaded Vlingo today, it's a really cool program, but the voice recognition for web searching is hit or miss. It could recognize Vladamir Putin, but had great difficulty with Dell Laptops. I got Yellow Laptops, Miguel Laptops, La La La Laptops and Dallas Laptops.

Oh well.
    06-25-08 03:54 PM
    "La La La Laptops" - LOL

Sorry. Made me chuckle.

vlingo says it "gets better" the more you use it. I agree though - I've composed some wacky messages with it. Maybe I just talk too fast for it or something.
    06-25-08 03:57 PM
    "La La La Laptops" - LOL

Sorry. Made me chuckle.

vlingo says it "gets better" the more you use it. I agree though - I've composed some wacky messages with it. Maybe I just talk too fast for it or something.
    I thought so.

The last 10 minutes, I have been trying different names, Venus Williams came out as Indiana Williams? Yet it gets Michio Kaku right the first time? I tried slowing my rate of speech down and enunciate more. Again, it's hit or miss.
    06-25-08 04:02 PM
    OK, How many more Vlingo Threads so we have to have?! In the past 4 hours i seen 6 new topics on this app. And clearly they all can go into one thread.
    06-25-08 04:14 PM
    is there any way to get rid of the
    *via vlingo* signature on text messages?
    06-25-08 06:04 PM
    is there any way to get rid of the
    *via vlingo* signature on text messages?
    if you go into the settings you can disable the sms tagline.

you can do the same for emails
    06-25-08 06:08 PM
    I love The new software it is so0o0oo awesome. Yeah it does the hit or miss but you will get use to it i talk waaaay to fast lol
    06-25-08 06:10 PM
    I love The new software it is so0o0oo awesome. Yeah it does the hit or miss but you will get use to it i talk waaaay to fast lol
    It is awesome - I agree. However, hasn't it ever heard of basic punctuation? It can't be that difficult to implement - Jott does it, even Yahoo oneSearch does a decent job of it.
    06-25-08 08:06 PM
    I hate voice recognizing apps! Never work unless you talk slowly and clearly. I wanna just press it say it and go!
    06-25-08 08:12 PM
    Thanks mildots. I was wondering the same thing. I'm still playing around with it. So far I've used it to send txt while driving.
    06-25-08 08:30 PM
    OK, How many more Vlingo Threads so we have to have?! In the past 4 hours i seen 6 new topics on this app. And clearly they all can go into one thread.
    So don't read them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-08 09:25 PM
    How does it get better at voice recognition? When it makes a mistake like mentioned above, how does it know that it made a mistake and you did not mean xxx but yyy? When he got Dallas Laptops, how do you inform Vlingo that is a mistake?
    06-25-08 11:04 PM
    if you go into the settings you can disable the sms tagline.

you can do the same for emails
    can you please elaborate specifically where to go to remove *via vlingo* at the bottom of a sent text.

thank you!
    06-26-08 09:59 AM
    I can't seem to find where to change this.

Anyone?
    06-26-08 10:13 AM
    under Options. Remove tag SMS, remove tag Email.....
    06-26-08 10:23 AM
    under Options. Remove tag SMS, remove tag Email.....
    rw, thank you, but at the risk of being a real ***** newbie here.....I just don't see it under options.

can you show the path.... options> then> then> etc.

Really appreciate the help! I know I am going to feel really stupid once I find it
    06-26-08 10:42 AM
    wow I can't believe it bleeped out the word I said before newbie, as it wasn't even close to a bad word!
    06-26-08 10:43 AM
    The amount of time that it take to go for listening to working to displaying the text is to long I could just type it.
    06-26-08 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD