i have a feeling its the battery i have to constantly keep charging it, if it is where should i buy a new one?
    04-27-10 10:13 PM
    How fast does it drain? My phone typically has 1 bar left at the end of the day with moderate use: messaging, facebook, twitter. Depending on your usage, I'd gauge why it is draining, if it is from light use I'd look into replacing the battery

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-10 11:14 PM
    Check your battery if a full charge and when the battery has cooled down will last not more than 2 or 3 hours. If that's the case, then your battery has long gone to heaven.
    If it lasts for more than half a day, it still has life. Remember than a newly-charged hot battery loses charge faster. So keep it plugged in until the battery cools or what I do is pull it out and place it in somewhere cool. Like a refrigerator. Jokes aside!
    04-27-10 11:16 PM
    How old is your battery? What apps are you running?

Mine is about 11 months old. I am a heavy user of email, BBM, and SMS. I do not make a lot of phone calls. I generally have about 70% battery left after 8 hrs. of use.
    04-27-10 11:18 PM
    I have a similar issue. When I do a battery pull, it drops all the way down to yellow. I ordered a new battery, I shall see if it is a battery or the OS.

Let me guess. You're running 5.0? Don't worry, its not the battery. Its the OS. Turning 3g off, and running on EDGE extends your battery quite a bit.

04-28-10 12:19 AM
    turn off GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi???
    04-28-10 12:37 AM
    If you use any IM clients (excluding BBM), those also chew through your battery pretty quickly.
    04-28-10 08:47 AM
    It def does not last half a day, yesterday when I got home at 8pm it was dead again going for the 3rd charge, I know I need a battery. Can some one link me to an OEM one for a cheap price? Not trying to pay a leg for a battery.

04-29-10 07:21 AM
    Can get some on dealextreme.com if you are looking for some. as well as ebay. Just search around, you can sometimes get bigger capacity too.
    04-30-10 01:00 PM
    If you talk on the phone a lot, like I do, your battery will deplete very fast. I would estimate (on my units) the battery drops 10% for every 20 minutes. That's just from observations and adding up my minutes vs battery meter. Seems as if for every hour of talk time it drains 30%. That's very sh*tty. But hey, it's a baby computer, right?

04-30-10 06:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD