I didn't uninstall Dragon for blackberry, even though it had issues, and received news of an update which I installed. The keyboard still acts flaky when trying to type with the blackberry app active. Too late and tired to work with it much tonight. I will give them credit for a quick update, Vlingo has been broken on the Storm platform for months without an update or fix. It took Nuance just a couple of days.

Mike
    04-27-10 09:39 PM
    agreed, Vlingo is a disaster on the S2. I've still got the earlier version of Dragon and it works well enough to be functional/useful. I wonder why they updated dragon without fixing the keyboard issues that have bothered some posters here (rhetorical)?
    04-28-10 12:41 AM
    Although I agree that it was a quick update, I was hoping that it would fix the keyboard problem ya'll werre talking about..

I find the Voice-rec. to be pretty damn good but can you please post again your fix around the keyboard issue (yes, i know i can search, but ya'll are a friendly bunch)
    04-28-10 09:33 AM
    I'm afraid to update unless there is good reason to. It would be a sneaky way for them to change "free for a limited time" back to a pay version.
    04-28-10 12:24 PM
    Although I agree that it was a quick update, I was hoping that it would fix the keyboard problem ya'll werre talking about..

I find the Voice-rec. to be pretty damn good but can you please post again your fix around the keyboard issue (yes, i know i can search, but ya'll are a friendly bunch)
    the simple fix is to not try to type into any empty field. first let the voice recognition run in a field, even if you don't want to, and then you can bring up the keyboard. rinse & repeat for every field ("to", "subject" body)
    04-28-10 05:28 PM
    I don't know why they don't just have an escape key to be able to exit Dragon and use the keyboard. I don't want to always have to use it, there are times where I don't want to use it.

Mike
    04-28-10 08:54 PM
    You don't have to. I find that if i'm in "dragon-using" area, I just type the first letter of the word I want to type 2 times and then I can continue using the keyboard without a problem...

And then seamlessly start using the Dragon app. again

(i hope they fix the keyboard issue soon).
    04-28-10 10:16 PM
    You don't have to. I find that if i'm in "dragon-using" area, I just type the first letter of the word I want to type 2 times and then I can continue using the keyboard without a problem...

And then seamlessly start using the Dragon app. again

(i hope they fix the keyboard issue soon).
    I wish this worked consistently. Sometimes I have to hit the key numerous times before it is registered. Not sure this is worth the hassle as I can't always dictate my emails, particularly when I am in a place where talking is prohibited.
    05-02-10 08:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD