Streaming music on my Curve 8530 is fun, but obviously Pandora and Slacker choose the songs you listen to and not the other way around. Grooveshark seems like a cool way to choose songs to stream, but are there any equivalents that don't charge to use their service?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-10 02:24 PM
    Streaming music on my Curve 8530 is fun, but obviously Pandora and Slacker choose the songs you listen to and not the other way around. Grooveshark seems like a cool way to choose songs to stream, but are there any equivalents that don't charge to use their service?

Dude, at $3/month Grooveshark's service is SO worth it. Thumbplay or whatever is the same as GS but they charge like $10/month. I don't think there are any cheaper/free alternatives and if there were, they wouldn't be close to being as good. Just my .02.
    04-27-10 06:25 PM
    any free service like this would get stomped out by the RIAA in no time, they have to pay for the music you are listening to somehow, as a matter of fact, GS has had quite a battle themselves and they aren't out of the woods yet. I am thrilled that my subscription only costs $3/mo.... enjoy it while you can, I have a feeling that price will increase or GS will die in court....
    04-27-10 10:49 PM
    Grooveshark = best 3 bucks I spend every month.

My mp3 player stays at home.

04-28-10 06:42 AM
    Kind of what I figured, but I wanted to check for a different app before I subscribe. Thanks guys!
    04-28-10 11:36 AM
    psonar.com is another worth checking out.

It's a free cloud-based solution which is focused on allowing users to do more with music that they own, unlike streaming services where you effectively 'rent' the music as long as you continue to subscribe (and hope that the music doesn't get pulled by the copyright owner.)

You can upload the music you own so it is accessible everywhere, from any internet-connected device.

It offers unlimited storage and unlimited streaming for free.

You can also search and listen to clips of any other track uploaded to the cloud and buy that music if you like.

Psonar does more though - it also provides web-based iTunes-style management so that you can drag and drop tracks to any device, such as your iPhone, Android device or MP3 player - in fact anything that you can connect to a PC via USB. This means you can have your music on your device when that's best, but also in the cloud - so it's also great for backup.

So - it's perfect if you love your old MP3 player, want to keep your music on an inexpensive memory stick or for when you don't have an internet connection and thus offers you the best of both worlds.
    04-29-10 01:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD