Has anyone done this? Can the verizon store do this?
    04-27-10 10:02 AM
    If the Storm 2 is still active, download google sync and sync it with the gmail account you're doing to use on the Incredible.
    04-27-10 10:06 AM
    Another option is if you use Outlook and all your contacts are in Outlook, then you can sync them wirelessly.
    04-27-10 10:22 AM
    Has anyone done this? Can the verizon store do this?
    Verizon can do it, but the simplest ways are described above. Download Google Sync for your Blackberry and Sync it to your gmail account. When you setup your Incredible with that account, it automatically downloads all your contacts - and keeps the two sync'd unless you set the option to stop syncing.
    04-27-10 03:31 PM
    You can also use Outlook or Desktop Manager to export your contacts in .csv file format. This file can be imported into Gmail on your computer. When you get your Incredible, as soon as you sign-in to your Google account, your contacts will sync immediately to your phone.
    04-27-10 03:40 PM
    I believe Backup Assistant is (or will be soon) available for the Storm2. It will also be available for the Incredible, so this is probably the quickest way...

Another option would be to export your contacts as a .csv file from the online Backup Assistant site, then import them to GMail on your computer... This would be a good option if the Storm2 is no longer active...

Google Sync of course is still the old stand-by...
    04-27-10 04:04 PM
    Backup Assistant is the way to go
    04-27-10 04:48 PM
    I set up Google Sync on my Storm2, then spent about an hour in Gmail, cleaning up all of my contact info (which really needed to be done anyway). I don't even have the Incredible in my hands yet, but figured this would be the way to go with an Android device.
    04-28-10 01:56 AM
    I set up Google Sync on my Storm2, then spent about an hour in Gmail, cleaning up all of my contact info (which really needed to be done anyway). I don't even have the Incredible in my hands yet, but figured this would be the way to go with an Android device.
    LOL. You might have to go in there again if having your contacts listed and sorted by last name first is important to you.
    04-28-10 02:02 AM
    I used back up assistant. It's quick and easy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-10 07:58 AM
    It should definitely be possible in the store. Back when the Storm1 came out, I was with sprint and had a katana phone. I asked if they could transfer my contacts, even though it was a sprint dumbphone, and they did it with no problem and no cost. Just ask.
    04-28-10 10:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD