Hey guys, ALL KAPPS Software back with a new app needing testers.

Just a little background on the app. We started off wanting an application that we could use with our favorite wordpress blogs so that we could keep them all in the same place and have all the content optimized for our BlackBerry. We wanted to be able to grab all of the images from the posts, comment on it and share it to all of our favorite social networks. To do this we have a WordPress plug-in for blogs to install that will optimize the content and make it available for consumption and comment by the app. This is working great and then one of the alpha testers says, well I want to use this to read all of my other blogs... so a few days later, Spitfire turned in to a full featured FeedBurner and RSS feed reader on top of the ability to read the Spitfire optimized content from the WordPress blogs. (Sorry for so much background)

So what we need is for a bunch of quality BB users willing to test this app out and give us some good feedback for what we think will be an incredible app. It is a closed beta but there are plenty of spots available, and you can sign up at http://www.allkappssoftware.com/index.php/beta: Note: OS 5.0 is required for the app

Here are some screenshots for you to check out. You first will be presented with the lists of blogs you have added to the app, and for blogs with the Spitfire plugin installed you will see the title, tagline, image from the most recent post and the time it was last updated. For other feeds you will just see the title and time of last update. You then have you option of 2 views, one a simple list view and then the next a tile like interface with larger images and swipe browsing on the storm.

Email me if you have any questions and I'll be glad to answer [email protected] (This app used to be called PushPress, but because of a naming conflict, we changed it to this... dont like the name or have a suggestion let us know)

04-26-10 11:53 PM
    Ill be more than glad to test it!
    04-27-10 12:03 AM
    I would love to test this too....looks like a great application...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-10 12:31 AM
    I think this is the app I've been waiting for my entire life. Downloaded it 1 minute ago and will report after (heavy) usage:P.
    04-27-10 06:58 AM
    I would gladly help out.
    04-27-10 07:40 AM
    Everytime I add a blog it doesn't load it. All I get is a white screen with a turning wheel (which disappears after a few seconds.

I've also tried to add stuff without the www.
    What am I supposed to do?

04-27-10 07:50 AM
    very nice so far...will test & get back to you guys asap
    04-27-10 07:52 AM
    be glad to test.

04-27-10 07:55 AM
    Just downloaded and checked out a couple of blogs I regularly follow. Overall I really like the presentation in the app - well done and easy to use.

A couple of items where I can see room for improvement -

#1 - allow pasting in feed addressses when adding feeds - it is a PITA to have to write them down and type them in.

#2 - slowish sliding sideways animation/transition when opening articles on my 9700. If the transition is causing the slowdown maybe add an option for no transition?

#3 - consider adding the ability to play podcasts through the app - if this were available spitfire would replace viigo for me.

04-27-10 09:47 AM
    I have Berry Scoop added and it shows me the last time it was updated but when I click on it, it just spends as if it's loading content only to end with Plugin-not found on blog
    04-27-10 09:52 AM
    Tried my personal blog Free By Design | Are you? via feedburner and it works beautifully.
    04-27-10 09:55 AM
    Everytime I add a blog it doesn't load it. All I get is a white screen with a turning wheel (which disappears after a few seconds.

I've also tried to add stuff without the www.
    What am I supposed to do?

make sure the url is correct and is for the correct type, feedburner shouldnt have any www... like the correct link for crackberry is feeds2.feedburner.com/crackberry/qBTB

And if you could leave your suggestions and feedback on the beta site in the feedback section it will be easier for me to follow and track. Thanks to everyone who has signed up already, I really appreciate it and we still have plenty of spots available so sign on up if you havent already!
    04-27-10 10:22 AM
    A good RSS reader is really needed for the Bold. I've tried a couple and have uninstalled them. I'd like to give this one a test ride.
    04-27-10 12:42 PM
    Yes, this is exactly what I've been looking for.

04-27-10 04:46 PM
    Still need a few more testers so please sign up if you are interested!
    04-30-10 06:41 PM
    Does it work on the 8900? I didn't see it listed.
    04-30-10 06:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD