Let someone else take over and manage with a vision to destroy all. At least on the consumer side of things.
    04-26-10 06:47 PM
    RIM will eventually go the way of Palm if they dont get it together
    04-26-10 06:50 PM
    No worries its all in my plans for world domination.
    04-26-10 06:55 PM
    No worries its all in my plans for world domination.
    LOL, by the way. Your Ipad is uber cool.
    04-26-10 07:30 PM
    RIM will eventually go the way of Palm if they dont get it together
    RIM won't go the way of Palm. They currently have too many high-paying contracts right now. So, regardless of what they do or how poorly they progress, they will still have that security foundation and all of those contracts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-10 07:34 PM
    RIM is growing at a fast pace without the need to produce iClones. Mike should stay. You don't have to though.

04-26-10 07:45 PM
    RIM is growing at a fast pace without the need to produce iClones. Mike should stay. You don't have to though.

LOL!!
    10 chars
    04-26-10 08:04 PM
    LOL, by the way. Your Ipad is uber cool.
    Thank you, I'm glad you enjoy it. I havnt been able to get one yet. : D

04-26-10 08:11 PM
    When did Steve Jobs move?
    04-26-10 08:56 PM
    When did Steve Jobs move?
    We should be honored to have a man of his stature on these boards.
    04-26-10 08:58 PM

Haha

Matrix: did you come to this conclusion after listening to Mike's recent speech? I must say I was surprised at his style of delivery, I suppose I was expecting a Steve Jobs style 'David Copperfield' production (magician - not the orphan) and instead we got this stuttering mumbling monologue.

Once I started listening though it became pretty clear that whatever strategy they've got, it seems to be working, unless he's lying about increased margins and sales.

There is a real buzz about smartphones right now, and many people feel RIM should jump into the race in order to survive, and I reckon I agreed until I listened to the whole of that speech. I think they have their sights set on more distant horizons and probably couldn't care less about being perceived as a contender in the latest consumer gadget race.
    04-26-10 09:04 PM
    Im elated
    Last edited by pilsbury; 04-26-10 at 09:07 PM. Reason: typo
    04-26-10 09:06 PM
    I'm thinking that it's not the real Steve Jobs, BUT I bet the real one, DOES keep up with his BB news via the BB blogs, and CB IS the best of them, so he probably is a member, but I doubt he would ever reveal himself.
    04-26-10 09:10 PM
    I'm thinking that it's not the real Steve Jobs, BUT I bet the real one, DOES keep up with his BB news via the BB blogs, and CB IS the best of them, so he probably is a member, but I doubt he would ever reveal himself.
    Hm, I wonder...
    04-26-10 09:23 PM
    Thank you, I'm glad you enjoy it. I havnt been able to get one yet. : D

Remind me to ***** slap you when i see you.
    04-26-10 09:48 PM
    I don't know if you're right, but I wouldn't be surprised if you were right. He may not have a username here, but he MUST have "people" that are paid to keep an eye on these things...
    04-26-10 09:51 PM
    Haha

Matrix: did you come to this conclusion after listening to Mike's recent speech? I must say I was surprised at his style of delivery, I suppose I was expecting a Steve Jobs style 'David Copperfield' production (magician - not the orphan) and instead we got this stuttering mumbling monologue.

Once I started listening though it became pretty clear that whatever strategy they've got, it seems to be working, unless he's lying about increased margins and sales.

There is a real buzz about smartphones right now, and many people feel RIM should jump into the race in order to survive, and I reckon I agreed until I listened to the whole of that speech. I think they have their sights set on more distant horizons and probably couldn't care less about being perceived as a contender in the latest consumer gadget race.
    I've seen just about every interview and presentation he's done. Here's the problem. The Enterprise business side is thriving. Consumer side is good. If he doesn't care about having the best consumer smartphone, fine. He's nuts then. A portrait slider that looks like the Pre, come on man. Where's a 4.3 inch landscape slider with Bold qwerty. What the ****.
    04-26-10 09:55 PM
    There is no "best consumer smartphone". The portrait slider will also sell very well, I'm sure. I definitely want one.

04-26-10 10:09 PM
    Remind me to ***** slap you when i see you.
    After I'm done serving Gizmodo and crew as jail bait your next!

04-26-10 10:59 PM
    I don't know if you're right, but I wouldn't be surprised if you were right. He may not have a username here, but he MUST have "people" that are paid to keep an eye on these things...
    Great misspelling my username didn't give me away

Posted from my Storm 2 running 4.0 at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by StevieJobs; 04-26-10 at 11:04 PM.
    04-26-10 11:02 PM

As for Steve Jobs, I'd say it's more likely he pays people to look at these rather than does it himself. I doubt Mike L even personally looks at this.

While I agree BB is doing a good job moving forward. I think leaving the consumer sector to chance is a bad idea. It seems like what they're doing is using it as a proving grounds to see what devices and setups will work best when a company wants thousands to give out to employees. I think that's what is with all these similar devices. Most of them will fall out quickly.

As far as high end models are concerned, I'd bet they're holding tight for LTE. Why make a high end model that will be rendered useless soon? Wait until closer to LTE launch and then use that time to just beat up the consumer market.

04-27-10 12:05 AM
    Why wait for LTE?

Their 9000, their first 3G phone was late to the 3G party.

They still dont have a BB capable of 7.2mb down on ATT, the new 9700 is only capable of 3.6 which came out well after the 3GS which is 7.2 capable where 7.2 is active.

Theyre always late to the new tech party, if they waited for LTE their next high end BB would be 2012!
    04-27-10 01:45 AM
    As far as high end models, their products improve over previous ones, but they keep out of the highest end of the spec arms race because of a few simple facts, firstly that blackberries are designed to be communication devices and if a communication tool ran out of batteries too fast then its failed in its purpose and secondly while the very highest spec devices are headline grabbers, it is the sales of the other 99% of the market that matters far more.
    04-27-10 02:54 AM
    They still dont have a BB capable of 7.2mb down on ATT, the new 9700 is only capable of 3.6 which came out well after the 3GS which is 7.2 capable where 7.2 is active.
    Has anyone managed to get more than 3.6 reliably anywhere on the at&t network though?
    04-27-10 02:56 AM
    I don't have a 9700 but I think it's a tight phone. I'm all about touch and love my Storm 2, but if the 9700 was on Verizon it'd be a tough choice.

I am starting to get over the whole crazy hardware phones and am worried more about UI and efficiency. I'm glad RIM is going towards working on their software with OS 6. Let's get real, the HTC Evo is a beautiful looking phone, but I wouldn't want to carry a 4.3" screened phone around with me. Seems large and impractical.
    Last edited by UrbanGlowCam; 04-27-10 at 03:36 AM.
    04-27-10 03:33 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD