I followed the steps from the blackberry admin guide to setup remote file access in MDS
    I can't posts URL's yet but it is titled: Configuring access to documents on remote file systems

What I don't know is how you access the files on your device? I have a BOLD 9700 running v5.0.0.321
    04-26-10 11:40 AM
    On the device there should be a app called Files (I had to unhide mine because I never used it before). Then simply type in the UNC of the device or folders that you want to access. You will be prompted for a username, password and domain. After that, you will have access to the folder listing and can select any file that you want to open and view.
    04-26-10 11:47 AM
    I did that but the only username/password it works with is the domain admin. What do I need to do to get it to work with the users username / password comdo so that they don't have full access to everything?
    04-26-10 12:05 PM
    I am also trying this. I am a domain admin and I am able to browse without any issues while a user is unable.

David
    04-28-10 09:34 PM
    OK I figured it out... (thanks anyway)

Three things must be true for a bb user to access a network share through "FILES" bb app.

1- Domain User must be in the "Allow log on locally" Windows Local Security Policy

2- Share permission must allow authenticated uses

3- File security DACLs apply to authenticated uses

My problem was that my Local Security Policy did not "Allow log on locally" for normal Domain Users.

If you wanted to disable bb users access to network shares just deny/remove them from "Allow log on locally".
    04-30-10 08:04 AM
    Thank you. That solved my issue. It was the Log on Locally for me as well.
    04-30-10 12:01 PM
    I am also a domain user and had no problems, but was always wondering why other users were unable to browse those files!
    04-30-10 03:07 PM
    On the device there should be a app called Files (I had to unhide mine because I never used it before). Then simply type in the UNC of the device or folders that you want to access. You will be prompted for a username, password and domain. After that, you will have access to the folder listing and can select any file that you want to open and view.
    I have the Files app on my device, but there's no way to enter the UNC path. I only have the choice to access "All Documents" or "My Files"
    04-30-10 05:44 PM
    I have the Files app on my device, but there's no way to enter the UNC path. I only have the choice to access "All Documents" or "My Files"
    You are probably on an older version of the OS for the Storm 2. If I recall the files app was updated to include a top line that starts with "Go To://". What OS are you on?
    04-30-10 08:24 PM
    You are probably on an older version of the OS for the Storm 2. If I recall the files app was updated to include a top line that starts with "Go To://". What OS are you on?
    I'm on 5.0.0.320... I started to update to 5.0.0.607, but didn't. Now I will, thanks.
    04-30-10 09:03 PM
    So where do you do this setting? On the BES or the PC with the share? Thx

Local Security Policy did not "Allow log on locally" for normal Domain Users
    08-09-10 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD