BlackBerry Tour 9650 Confirmed for Sprint in May | PhoneNews.com

Looks Like May 16th Is When We Can Expect To Get This In Stores .
    04-26-10 03:01 AM
    link doesn't work.
    04-26-10 03:43 AM
    Link worked just a moment ago for me. Here's the article, but it doesn't mention the actual release date:

BlackBerry Tour 9650 Confirmed for Sprint in May

* Written by Humberto Saabedra on April 26, 2010
    * BlackBerry (RIM), Sprint

RIM BlackBerry Bold 9650The forthcoming BlackBerry Bold 9650 has officially been confirmed for Sprint ahead of its official announcement later this morning.

The 9650 will feature OS 5.0, 3.2 megapixel camera with video recorder and flash, GPS transceiver, Wi-Fi radio and optical trackpad along with EVDO Rev A. support, microSDHC expansion slot, speakerphone and 3.5mm headphone jack.

The device wil launch first with Sprint next month confirming the previously leaked inventory slide from earlier this month.
    04-26-10 07:39 AM
    From the actual Sprint news release:

It can be purchased in all other Sprint sales channels, including Web sales (Cell Phones, Mobile Phones & Wireless Calling Plans from Sprint), Telesales (1-800-SPRINT1), Sprint Business Sales, Sprint stores, national retailers and third-party dealers, Sunday, May 23.
    04-26-10 08:34 AM
    From the actual Sprint news release:

It can be purchased in all other Sprint sales channels, including Web sales (Cell Phones, Mobile Phones & Wireless Calling Plans from Sprint), Telesales (1-800-SPRINT1), Sprint Business Sales, Sprint stores, national retailers and third-party dealers, Sunday, May 23.
    Like most big, non-exclusive launches, the phone will be available via Telesales and possibly Web a week before the "all-channel launch" of the 23rd.
    04-26-10 10:57 AM
    @aznxmoss Link Is Still Up .

@StarTraveler it doesnt say the release date but if you click on the "previously linked inventory slide" it should show the release date as 5/16
    04-26-10 10:59 AM
    There are now some rumors floating around that Sprint will release the EVO around May 22-29.

What do you guys think?

Will Sprint release two phones so close to each other? The EVO is their flagship phone and if it's released the same time, the BOLD will definately be on the very low key.
    05-02-10 06:05 PM
    I dunno about May for the EVO, but I've heard from many reliable sources that it will be available early june.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-10 06:16 PM
    You guys think the bold price will go down when the evo hits?

05-02-10 10:46 PM
    You guys think the bold price will go down when the evo hits?

nope because it didn't happen with the original tour when droid was already there... and even tho there is the incredible.. which is basically an EVO minus the slickness and 4g that is the great EVO is .. the 9650 is still launching with the price of $299.99 - $100.00 mail in rebate.

Even tho they are all smartphones BB and android devices are still considered non competing devices because thy are aimed at diff consumer segments. I do wish thy would price tho... but highly unlikely
    05-03-10 09:26 AM
    There are now some rumors floating around that Sprint will release the EVO around May 22-29.

What do you guys think?

Will Sprint release two phones so close to each other? The EVO is their flagship phone and if it's released the same time, the BOLD will definately be on the very low key.
    No, the rumor is not logical at all--unless Sprint changed their mind with the release window. On EVO section of the Sprint website, it says coming in Summer 2010. I don't know about you, but I seem to recall Summer officially beginning on June 21st...a full month after these "rumors" are predicting.
    05-03-10 12:17 PM
    No, the rumor is not logical at all--unless Sprint changed their mind with the release window. On EVO section of the Sprint website, it says coming in Summer 2010. I don't know about you, but I seem to recall Summer officially beginning on June 21st...a full month after these "rumors" are predicting.

On some of the Android forums there are some Sprint "insiders' that have some info that the EVO was originally going to be released on June 6th or June 13th. According to these insiders these two dates were very solid.

However, it was announced last week that Apple is going to announce the new Iphone the week of June 6th. According to these "insiders" (whom by the way do seem to have a lot of knowledge of the phone and seem to be legit) Sprint higher ups do not want to release the phone the same week of the Iphone announcment and they do not want to release the phone near or close to when Apple is going to actually release the Iphone (which is rumored to be around the last week of june to first week of July. So it looks like there is talk of the EVO being released at the very end of this month. Around the 22-29.
    05-03-10 03:56 PM
    I just talked to a premiere rep, he said on sale to everyone on the 16th.
    05-04-10 02:29 PM
    poor little vzw peeps have to wait until the 27th... LOL!!!!

i wonder if many will jump ship to Sprint... many should... it would save them a ton of money every month!!

btw - link in the OP's post has an "updated" paragraph stating May 23rd...

BlackBerry Bold 9650 Confirmed for Sprint in May (Updated) | PhoneNews.com
    05-04-10 02:32 PM
    Can sprint telesales adjust your upgrade date?
    05-04-10 03:53 PM
    poor little vzw peeps have to wait until the 27th... LOL!!!!

i wonder if many will jump ship to Sprint... many should... it would save them a ton of money every month!!

btw - link in the OP's post has an "updated" paragraph stating May 23rd...

BlackBerry Bold 9650 Confirmed for Sprint in May (Updated) | PhoneNews.com
    This "poor little vzw peep" will not jump ship for I have the best coverage available and can wait 4 days more for a 2x4 inch piece of plastic.
    LOL
    You gotta get a life man...you are so vzw fixated it's laughable. Thanks for the chuckles!
    05-04-10 04:11 PM
    Im still with an old Alltel my circle family plan so I have the best of both worlds
    05-04-10 04:32 PM
    I called sprint today to ask about the new operating upgrade to 5.0.0.624 from 5.0.0.484. While i was on the phone i snuck in a few questions about the new phone. I asked can i be placed on a waiting list or can you please tell me how and when may i obtain one at my earliest convince and was told they will notify me.
    05-04-10 05:37 PM
    I just called sprint on something else, then they transferred me to telesales so i picked there brain on the bold 9650. AFter putting me on hold they said it will be available for purchase on May 16th from telesales and sprint.com, and May 23rd in stores.

I can't wait, I thought it was the 23rd everywhere
    05-04-10 06:48 PM
    11 more days to go, I can't wait
    05-05-10 07:22 PM
    This device looks nice and I was seriously considering switching over to spring last month. But since I had an update with T-mobile, i decided to stay and get the 9700 instead...
    I wonder if that was a good decision.
    05-06-10 12:15 AM
    nah dont second guess yourself.. if you have decent 3G coverage then you are good as your price is right plus you get UMA..

This device looks nice and I was seriously considering switching over to spring last month. But since I had an update with T-mobile, i decided to stay and get the 9700 instead...
    I wonder if that was a good decision.
    05-06-10 02:01 PM
    I just spotted a bold and then the girl started hiding it from me. I had the sprint logo and what appears to be a leather back, but I could be wrong as it had a case on it.

05-06-10 07:25 PM
    I just spotted a bold and then the girl started hiding it from me. I had the sprint logo and what appears to be a leather back, but I could be wrong as it had a case on it.

Cool...where did you see this?

05-06-10 07:41 PM
    On a bus in nyc. I would have asked her about it if she didn't have Pandora on.

05-06-10 08:38 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD