This was given to us, and said to be released in a month or so. There was no NDA attached, so it's fair game.

Calling all Guinea Pigs

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    04-25-10 04:45 PM
    Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by thatdude23; 04-25-10 at 06:13 PM.
    04-25-10 04:52 PM
    Is this the exact same file that T-Mobile is gonna put on their downloads page?

Meaning should I wait for the official file to be released or will it not make a difference?

If I use this one, does it need to be upgraded with the same procedure as all the other releases with apploader and deleting vendor.xml file?

I am not so keen about experimenting too much, not really my thing, especially since I haven't had most of the troubles others had.
    I am open minded to improvements, no question. But the stock .330 release hasn't been all that bad to me. I'm more one of those that if the upgrade doesn't work too good, I rather call T-Mobile and have them fix it, instead of messing with a downgrade. I used to mess around with modding Motorola phones, but I kinda got tired of doing stuff like that anymore. If I upgrade I want it to work normal, that's all.
    Last edited by ralfyguy; 04-25-10 at 08:26 PM.
    04-25-10 08:10 PM
    I ran the leaked .586 it was a battery killer!!! It chewed through it within 12 hours.

If this is the same... Stay away$

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-10 08:38 PM
    Thx Norris, I installed it. Super fast, but no myFaves. I even tried the resend myFaves to phone option, nothing. Mobile Back-up works great though.
    04-26-10 12:26 AM
    How did you install it? Via apploader and deleting vendor.xml file?
    04-26-10 06:40 AM
    No need to delete vendor.xml if we're on T-Mobile right?
    04-26-10 12:09 PM
    Well anyone tried it, how's battery life and such? Is this different than the leaked version?
    04-26-10 03:24 PM
    Everything I've installed since .423 sucks with battery life (.545, .586). If you are looking for battery life as your number one priority, install .423.

Nevertheless, TMO has finally joined the bandwagon, that is good news.
    Last edited by Myveggies; 04-26-10 at 06:36 PM.
    04-26-10 06:29 PM
    I got it installed. Only took about 20 minutes. Anyways, everything went smooth. No glitches so dar. Only had to reactivate Berryweather.
    04-26-10 08:14 PM
    Everything I've installed since .423 sucks with battery life (.545, .586). If you are looking for battery life as your number one priority, install .423.

Nevertheless, TMO has finally joined the bandwagon, that is good news.

I agree .423 to me the best for battery life.
    04-26-10 09:32 PM
    Still on .330 here and thinking about upgrading OS, but not sure if it is worth the hassle as it would be my first time...330 seems to work fine really.

04-27-10 01:31 AM
    I got it installed. Only took about 20 minutes. Anyways, everything went smooth. No glitches so dar. Only had to reactivate Berryweather.
    Being T-Mobile OS did you have to delete the vendor file???
    Thanks,
    Vinny
    04-27-10 02:25 PM
    No i didn't. Just installed it and ran DM.
    04-27-10 05:40 PM
    I found a glitch: When you go to Manage Connections, the blue highlight bar going over the items doesn't turn the words white from green, like with .330. You can hardly read the highlighted stuff. Also when connecting to wifi the scereen doesn't update automatically anymore, even though in the homescreen in the background it already shows that it's connected. escaping out of the screen and selecting again shows it updated. I reinstalled .330 and it works normal. Reinstalled .586 and it messes up again.
    04-27-10 06:58 PM
    so the main issue is battery life. What about UMA and 3G stability?
    04-28-10 10:48 AM
    so the main issue is battery life. What about UMA and 3G stability?
    Can't test 3G here (100+ miles from any 3G service where I live... thanks, T-Mobile!) but UMA works well, and battery life seems fine. If you have any specific questions, my wife and I both run T-Mobile 9700's with .586, so I could probably answer it or check it out for you.
    04-28-10 03:09 PM
    Can't test 3G here (100+ miles from any 3G service where I live... thanks, T-Mobile!) but UMA works well, and battery life seems fine. If you have any specific questions, my wife and I both run T-Mobile 9700's with .586, so I could probably answer it or check it out for you.
    When you go to to Manage Connections with wifi off and turn wifi on, does the blue highlight go all the way across and it's hard to read the green underneath? Also does it update there to show the connected wifi network once it is connected? Mine just says ON unless I close the window and reopen it.

04-28-10 03:57 PM
    When you go to to Manage Connections with wifi off and turn wifi on, does the blue highlight go all the way across and it's hard to read the green underneath? Also does it update there to show the connected wifi network once it is connected? Mine just says ON unless I close the window and reopen it.

I think I see what you mean- the green text doesn't show up great under the blue highlight. It's legible, but not the best. As you said, that connect window doesn't auto-update either. Pretty sure it's been like this on every OS5 release I've tried. Never noticed them before, but that's definitely something RIM should fix. Neither seems like it would be very hard.
    04-28-10 04:40 PM
    Okay, worst part of this OS is: When you open a message after the messages are closed, and you click on a new sms and you have to hit R or scroll to start typing, while on previous OS's you would just open the new message and start typing...
    04-28-10 05:30 PM
    I think I see what you mean- the green text doesn't show up great under the blue highlight. It's legible, but not the best. As you said, that connect window doesn't auto-update either. Pretty sure it's been like this on every OS5 release I've tried. Never noticed them before, but that's definitely something RIM should fix. Neither seems like it would be very hard.
    Funny thing is, on .330 the highlight bar was only as long as the first word on the left and it auto updated when the connection established. I briefly installed .593 and there the words turn white from green with the full length bar like on .586. And it doesn't auto update either on .593. I went back to .586, because the mobile backup option from .586 was gone in .593, and I didn't like that. On .586 I finally get separate volume control settings for headset, speaker and earpiece, when switching outputs in media player. On .330 they all stayed the same and you constantly had to adjust again. The call volume and clarity is better on .586 and the wifi connects faster. The browser is NOT snappier to me, but what is supposed to be "snappy" on GPRS only anyways. The web speed is ATROCIOUS! You can't sirf anything unless you use Opera Mini or Bolt. The ctrl-shift-del reboot only works on the 2nd attempt. On .330 it worked every time. On .586 it just seems to freeze up without any changes to the screen, then the red light comes on and then it reconnects to the network, that's it. If you push the sequence again, the screen goes black and the red light comes on and finally shows the boot screen. Battery seems about the same as with .330, maybe a little worse. Maybe not. Ring profiles don't seem to have their own mind anymore either, with changing it back to what it was before I changed it. It did that frequently, and I KNOW I saved it!
    04-28-10 08:04 PM
    how about when your on a call does it go from 3G to EDGE to GPRS?
    04-28-10 09:57 PM
    I only have GPRS.
    04-28-10 10:43 PM
    Boring... I've been running .593 since the day after it was released as a BETA OS... works perfectly for me... not one issue.
    04-29-10 02:40 PM
    Yeah... .593 is the way to go... I dont envy any of the people using anything different.
    04-29-10 02:48 PM
82 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD