And loves it!!!! Full blown BIS with unlimited everything like the 3 that mom and dad (dad has 2 - one BES for work and one BIS as a toy) have.

Ya think he is just a wee bit spoiled??? LOL.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-10 01:33 AM
    WTF.

04-25-10 01:53 AM
    I know this kid in my church who's like 12 and has a G1.

I even remember a 8 year old with a Ipod Touch and a G1.

Spoiled? No.
    04-25-10 01:54 AM
    What the fork?

Preposterous
    04-25-10 02:03 AM
    If you ask me, ridiculous.
    04-25-10 02:04 AM
    Wow, I didn't have a cell till I was in college, the only reason I had one was b/c I went away for college. I guess that's the times nowadays. I see little 6 year old watching movies on their itouch/iphone while in resturants.

04-25-10 02:37 AM
    And loves it!!!! Full blown BIS with unlimited everything like the 3 that mom and dad (dad has 2 - one BES for work and one BIS as a toy) have.

Ya think he is just a wee bit spoiled??? LOL.

Well considering that your 10 year old has to stay in touch with their work and school with e-mails. Also has to have unrestricted internet access so they can keep in touch with their friends on Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, etc. And with BBM, they can keep in touch with all their other friends that have BB's. It's hard out there for a pimp... and a 10 year old child. So no, they are not spoiled. And you are a great parent.
    Last edited by supermario28; 04-25-10 at 02:39 AM.
    04-25-10 02:37 AM
    Totally unnecessary.

04-25-10 02:41 AM
    i personally think kids shouldnt have a phone until theyre in high school
    04-25-10 03:10 AM
    i personally think kids shouldnt have a phone until theyre in high school
    I strongly disagree. Maybe they don't need smartphones, but having even one of those "kiddie phones" where they can only call their parents and 911 are still important.
    04-25-10 03:16 AM
    I strongly disagree. Maybe they don't need smartphones, but having even one of those "kiddie phones" where they can only call their parents and 911 are still important.
    I agree. Smart phone should apply to college students and up. Seriously though, what does a high school student need a smart phone for? High school doesn't use emails to communicate with their students and the students are always in class. The only time they have access to their phone is when they walk between classes and on lunch.

But the future is smartphone. Oh well. Time to go with the change.

04-25-10 03:22 AM
    I won't judge anyone, but if I saw a 10 year old walking around with a Blackberry I would surely think their parents priorities were a little jacked up (just my opinion again not saying yours are). I could see a little cute feature phone or a cell phone to stay in contact, but a full Blown BIS unlimited Blackberry seems silly, nothing really spoiled about it at all it seems silly at best.

04-25-10 03:45 AM
    Better have insurance, no not for the BlackBerry, but for your kid!

Three convicted of killing man for BlackBerry | News
    04-25-10 03:49 AM
    Your child is spoilt.. whats your next pointless thread going to be.. 'how much of a show off am i?...yathink'...
    04-25-10 03:54 AM
    @ montage LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHA
    04-25-10 05:23 AM
    wow! what business is he running? or is he expecting emails from his prof's
    04-25-10 05:32 AM
    Are you worried about the SAR level for a child so young? That would be my concern.

04-25-10 05:37 AM
    I am going to say this is just plain ridiculous. Why in the name
    of God does a ten (10) year old need a smartphone with full BIS.

Spoiled does not even begin to cover this. Abject idiocy on the part of whoever
    thought this was a good idea is close (and as charitable as I can be.)

No wonder we have a generation of spoiled, materialistic, image driven children
    that equate the things their mothers and fathers give them as a substitute for
    actual love.

You may not realize it now but you are raising a child who will not respect you
    after you fail the "What have you done for me lately" question. The upside is
    I am sure they will choose a proper nursing home for you, or pull the plug once
    your useful contribution to their existence ceases
    04-25-10 05:55 AM
    Uhoh, so OP...essentially, you just ensured yourself a spot at Withering Grove And, a premature death from a plug pulling spawn... simply by getting that 9700.

04-25-10 06:28 AM
    Little ridiculous if you ask me to have a BB fully laid out for a 10 year old. Honestly what does a 10 year old need any cell for? At that age they should always be around a parent, baby sitter or a relative..or someone of age to watch them.

My 14 year old step-daughter has a cell, but she can only use it to make emergency calls on it, or use it with someone else who has the same carrier as us so as not to use or bucket minutes. She usually just texts anyway...she has no net on it either and is just a simple phone. (Gravity 2)

Some parents just feel the need to show off for some reason...it is nonsense if you ask me and I have 2 step kids and two kids of my own and they will never have a full blown phone as there are more important things to focus on when you are a child/kid....preteen then a top of the line phone.

04-25-10 07:51 AM
    Personally, I think it's up to the parents. If they think that it is not going to harm the child, then why not. If issues arise with using the phone, then steps need to be taken. But at the end of the day, if the parents are OK with it, and the child enjoys it and uses it properly, then why not.
    04-25-10 08:52 AM
    Ironically, if I were to see a 10 year old with a BB, I'd think he's spoiled, but ironically my 12 year old brother and some of his 11 year old friends have iPhones and I don't think that there's anything particularly strange about that.
    04-25-10 09:15 AM
    enter parenting tips......
    04-25-10 09:41 AM
    I am going to say this is just plain ridiculous. Why in the name
    of God does a ten (10) year old need a smartphone with full BIS.

Spoiled does not even begin to cover this. Abject idiocy on the part of whoever
    thought this was a good idea is close (and as charitable as I can be.)

No wonder we have a generation of spoiled, materialistic, image driven children
    that equate the things their mothers and fathers give them as a substitute for
    actual love.

You may not realize it now but you are raising a child who will not respect you
    after you fail the "What have you done for me lately" question. The upside is
    I am sure they will choose a proper nursing home for you, or pull the plug once
    your useful contribution to their existence ceases

+1.

I stopped getting an allowance at 16. If I wanted something, I had to earn the money to buy it. And believe me, while I never had a hard life, Mom and dad paid for the basics but that was it. If I wanted more then the basics >> I << had to buy it. It taught me responsibility and the value of money. Just sayin....
    04-25-10 09:54 AM
    I agree that 10 is a little young. I mean, I think its ridiculous all the people that have smartphones just because it is the "cool" thing to do and yet don't take advantage of any of the features

That being said, if the financial aspect isn't an issue then why not? Maybe he is a little young but if the parents are ok then no one but the parents ideas matter. After all, its easy to look back and criticize but no one knows all reasons for a decision.

I for one am jealous - I'd have loved a blackberry when I was younger. :-)

04-25-10 10:18 AM
78 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD