I just bought a secondhand blackberry tour 9630, and I'm trying to connect it to boost mobile, they already put the meid number in, but the issue is the old users number is still installed into it. So every time I make a call it goes into a sprint automated message. Help please!!!!

I've already wiped handheld, but every time i make a call his number is still showing up again.
    Last edited by BB9630-4Life; 04-24-10 at 11:10 PM.
    04-24-10 11:06 PM
    you must call blackberry and have the PIN released.. this happens many times when phones are purchesed from a different source then the Wireless carriers.. IE. EBay.. What the seller should have done first is gget his pin released from BB. so that when he sold it there would be no problem.. So just contact BB and see if they will release the PIN so that it is not associated with that other number. you might have to have the original owner call to have the PIN released.. In cases the phone is stolen.. Good luck with that
    04-24-10 11:32 PM
    How do I contact Blackberry I just went to their site and there was no where I can actually get in contact with a represenative.
    04-24-10 11:55 PM
    you must call blackberry and have the PIN released.. this happens many times when phones are purchesed from a different source then the Wireless carriers.. IE. EBay.. What the seller should have done first is gget his pin released from BB. so that when he sold it there would be no problem.. So just contact BB and see if they will release the PIN so that it is not associated with that other number. you might have to have the original owner call to have the PIN released.. In cases the phone is stolen.. Good luck with that
    I think he means the carrier to release the pin. I've only heard of carriers needing to release the pin. But yea the original owner might need to be the one to do it. You can try and give it a shot though.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-25-10 01:15 AM
    There was a thread like this floating around here about a month ago. Try searching and see what the solution was..It was an unlocked tour and the previous persons number kept showing..
    Last edited by dave3825us; 04-25-10 at 05:36 AM.
    04-25-10 05:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD