I'm thinking of buying an andriod, any recommendations on whether not to get the desire or the incredible? Which is newer?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-23-10 07:07 PM
    Incredible gets released 29th its an amazing looking phone
    04-23-10 08:55 PM
    They are about the same, the main difference is: Desire is GSM phone, Incredible is CDMA Verizon exclusive. If your carrier is AT&T your only choice Desire. But rumor has it, that Samsung Galaxy X coming to AT&T later this year, yo might want to look into it.

I'm thinking of buying an andriod, any recommendations on whether not to get the desire or the incredible? Which is newer?

04-23-10 10:31 PM
    Incredible gets released 29th its an amazing looking phone
    Ehh...looks wise the desire wins hands down. Specs are pretty much the same between the two. The desire will be released on us cellular, and the incredible on vsw obviously. In my opinoin, go with the desire. Build quality on the droid looks kinda shotty. That being said i do have the nexus and the desire is pretty much its twin, so i could be biased.
    04-24-10 08:08 AM
    The Desire looks sleeker but the Incredible has that cool industrial look, kind of like the Droid.

But you can't go wrong with any of em:

Droid
    Nexus One
    Incredible
    Desire

Soon there will be:
    EVO
    Galaxy S

They will all run the same OS.
    04-24-10 08:22 AM
    All run the same OS with the exception of sense ui on the htc phones.

If the desire and the incredible were both on verizon I would take the desire. Have to admit I like the exterior of the desire a little more. Otherwise they are pretty much the same.
    04-24-10 08:49 AM
    All run the same OS with the exception of sense ui on the htc phones.

If the desire and the incredible were both on verizon I would take the desire. Have to admit I like the exterior of the desire a little more. Otherwise they are pretty much the same.
    They're not that different and both are great devices. In fact, I like all of the Android 2.0 devices so far. After owning a Droid, there's no way I'd ever downgrade to a 1.5 device. All of the 2.0 phones look great (Droid, Incredible, Nexus, Desire, EVO, etc.)

Android FTW
    04-24-10 09:10 AM
    The Desire looks sleeker but the Incredible has that cool industrial look, kind of like the Droid.
    That may be the best spin on the Droid's appearance I've ever heard lol.
    04-24-10 09:28 AM
    So am I "stuck" with the desire since I'm on at&t? Is there anything else "android" in the pipeline (for att)?

I'm not in a rush. This will just be an extra phone. Right now I'm on a 9700.

Do you think its wise to wait and see what the first att phone running 2.2 will be, or can you update the os's the same way I do on the Bb?
    Thanks

04-25-10 06:55 PM
    There will be at least 5 android devices. One was released already... Backflip. The second one that has officially been announced is the mini 3 from Dell. No release date so far.

The other 3 remain to be unseen. Some say Nexus One, but that isn't a phone being supported by AT&T... at least not yet.

With that said, 3 other devices should be coming out.
    04-25-10 08:01 PM
    So am I "stuck" with the desire since I'm on at&t? Is there anything else "android" in the pipeline (for att)?

I'm not in a rush. This will just be an extra phone. Right now I'm on a 9700.

Do you think its wise to wait and see what the first att phone running 2.2 will be, or can you update the os's the same way I do on the Bb?
    Thanks

I wouldn't say your "stuck" with the Desire. I have been following this device pretty closely and it looks great. ATT also has the Nexus One and are rumored to be getting quite a few Android phones in the next couple of months. I would check out Phonedroid.com or google the Desire and check out the specs.

I also have a 9700 but am constantly checking out the competition to see if anything better comes along. I believe that BB's will always have there place. That being said I think the upcoming releases of the new iphone and numerous Android based devices is going to severely hurt RIM's profits.

I base this on the large amount of co-workers and friends who were once BB users and have already jumped ship. The ones that are left are waiting for the new iphone and some upcoming android phones and then are making the switch.

Out of 120 officers in my dept 58 used to have BB's. There are now only 9 of us left. Its really amazing to me.
    04-25-10 08:01 PM
    Looks like I'll be making the switch from the storm 2 to the Incredible. I'd like to play with one in person first but I also want to be able to get it the first day.
    04-27-10 08:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD