About a month or two ago I updated to one of OOAKDPC's hybrids for the first time. Had no issues for a few weeks, but then all of a sudden my phone started having an issue with the lock button. My phone would lock, but when I tried to bring it out of lock, the screen would turn from black to navy, telling me the light was coming on, but not showing anything. At that point, by doing twists of the screen and hitting lock/unlock a few more times, eventually it would come out of lock. However, now, I am unable to even get it to do that without having to do a battery pull. The physical buttons are still active and work as I can do call twice to redial, but that's it. I just updated to lyricidal's .623 hybrid with no luck.

Has anyone else had this issue/have any solutions?
    04-23-10 03:58 PM
    Just started experiencing this screen black problem yesterday with new china OS rls after about three days with it and several reboots.

anything?
    08-12-10 09:42 AM
    My Storm just today started having screen problems also. I have had the .797 OS installed about 6 days. It first started while I tried to type an email. The screen would freeze and there would be two keyboards on the screen at one time. Other times, when I picked the phone up after it was laying down for awhile, the screen would be dark, but there would still be light visible through the screen edges by the hard buttons. If I locked the phone then unlocked, it would be useable for awhile, but eventually would mess up again. I have done about 3 battery pulls, but the problem is still present.
    08-12-10 08:38 PM
    This is an UPDATE to my previous post. Thinking that .797 OS might be the problem with my Storm's screen, I went back to the .591/794 hybrid. Still had the problems, but getting worse. Wiped phone and installed plain .591 OS. Storm rebooted with screen in a mirror image. By that I mean the screen icons and lettering were backwards reading from right to left. Did a battery pull, led lights up, back light is on, but screen is dark. I did several battery pulls but still the same dark screen.

I connected BBSAK again, wiped phone, then installed .328 Offical OS. Still no luck. The BBSAK said OS installed successfully, but still dark screen. Do battery pulls, but can't see if it is rebooting or not. Cannot see the progress bar on the screen.

I think my phone hardware must have gone bad. Nothing seems to correct the problem.

Going to go to Verizon store today to see whether they will replace(out of warranty) or if my insurance might cover it, although I don't want to pay a $50 deductible fee for insurance replacement, and I don't want to extend my contract by getting another phone. I was hoping my Storm would last until my contract ended in December and then if there is a Storm 3 or maybe a Storm 4 early next year I would check them out. Now, unless they give me a free phone, I will just go back to ATT with my old RAZR phone, get roll over minutes, and forget about having Verizon's expensive required $30 data plan.
    08-13-10 09:13 AM
    Another update. After talking to a Verizon store representative, and also a customer service rep for Verizon, I had no luck getting a free replacement phone. I could try a different phone for 30days then go back to my original contract if I didn't like it. So, I had to go to AT&T to get my phone number transferred back to RAZR V3 phone with AT&T. I will miss the smart phone capabilities, but I am saving a bunch of money and getting my roll over minutes back. I may consider a smart phone in the future after I see which one is the fastest operating and most reliable.

As a side note, while at AT&T, I compared the Torch with a Samsung Captivate. I didn't like the feel of the Torch compared to my Storm, very clunky and cumbersome feeling when trying to type with the keyboard or touch the screen with the keyboard extended. I would have to learn how to use the Samsung because it is entirely different navigating than Blackberry. But, the one test I always do is compare download speeds using the same site I used with my Storm....dlsreports.com. The speed with the Samsung was 947kbps vs. 359kbps with the Torch. This is just my on hands observation and for your information only.
    08-13-10 06:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD