I have both a 9630 and a 9550 (upgraded to the Storm around Christmas). My Tour stayed in my nightstand drawer, unused, after I upgraded to the Storm, but recently I began craving the physical keyboard (and the Tour's one ounce advantage), so the last few weeks, I've been switching back and forth between the two.

Aside from the obvious design differences, something that's surprised me is that the Storm seems to have much better GPS sensitivity. While I can't simultaneously compare the two side-by-side, when I run Google Maps in the same locations, the Tour generally gives me accuracy of 10 -6 m (sometimes a little better), while the Storm sometimes will show accuracy of 2-3m under the best circumstances.

Both devices have the latest official 5.x VZW OS's (including the recent Tour "patch"). Since my Tour is still less than a year old, my question is: has anyone else seen this disparity? If other Tour owners get better GPS reception than I'm getting, I might try to get a warranty swapout while I still can. But if others' Tours get roughly the same GPS accuracy, I'm content to chalk it up to its design or chipset, and will maybe take a look at the 9650 whenever it lands.

Any info/feedback is appreciated.
    04-23-10 02:15 PM
    I only have Blackberry Maps on my device and that seems to work a lot better then Google Maps. I know its unheard of on these forums but have you tried the Blackberry map feature as your default?
    Nonetheless. I would get a warrenty swap out anyway just because the devices are usually manufactured internationally, however repaired and refurbished domestically and a lot of refurbs perform better then brand new devices...just a thought.
    Good luck!
    04-23-10 02:58 PM
    Google Maps usually locates my VZW 9630/5.0.0.591 within 3-6m.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-10 04:30 PM
    I have a Tour and my hubby has a Storm (both with the newest OSs), and we've found that the Tour is usually the more accurate of the two! On occasion, his Storm has even been way off--showing him down the street when he's sitting right next to me and my blue dot is right on top of us. Maybe it's just a random thing?
    04-23-10 08:03 PM
    I have a Tour and my hubby has a Storm (both with the newest OSs), and we've found that the Tour is usually the more accurate of the two! On occasion, his Storm has even been way off--showing him down the street when he's sitting right next to me and my blue dot is right on top of us. Maybe it's just a random thing?
    Does he have the Storm or Storm 2?
    04-23-10 08:48 PM
    Does he have the Storm or Storm 2?
    Sorry, I missed your sig- I guess he has the Storm 1?
    04-23-10 08:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD