I have 9700 running os .545. I've been using this os since March, but the bbm error started about two weeks ago. When I open it up, the phone freezes for a while then gives me the error : "Uncaught exception: Application net_rim_bb_qm_peer (232) is not responding; process terminated." What is this?! It started happening on occasion, but now it happens EVERY time!

Steps I've taken:
    Battery Pull
    Delete and re install BBM
    Restoring the bb via DM

Do I really need to reinstall the os? Should I go back to the stock os? Is .586 or .593 work better?

Someone please help.........I have searched the site for the answer for days.
    04-22-10 08:15 AM
    Sounds like a corrupt file on your device... since you've deleted and reinstalled BBM to no avail, I'd say you have no choice but to either reinstall your current OS or upgrade.

Does .586 or .593 work any better... it's all subjective... I've never had any issues with any OS I installed and don't really think it's any problem loading a new one... generally I have enough time in the evening to upgrade and get all the activation codes and everything setup with a new OS in about an hour... so I guess if your going to load an OS, I'd think it would be good to go to the latest Official OS.
    04-22-10 08:23 AM
    Fatboy.....thanks. .593 is the latest official for a Greek carrier (correct me if I'm wrong). Will this update have a negative effect on my unit? Additionally, how do I go about keeping my 3rd party apps? I've tried a method found on here and it didn't work.

Thanks.
    04-22-10 08:35 AM
    You could use bbsak to back up your third party apps
    04-22-10 08:38 AM
    Greek, German, EastAsian... who cares... it's the one of the Sticky threads at the top of this Forum.

Negative effects... no negative effects... just follow the directions like you do on every upgrade, delete the Vendor.xml file and use the Loader.exe and NOT DM!!!

Use the backup 3rd party apps in my signature below... it works IF you follow the directs... make sure you un-check the appropriate check-boxes in step 9.
    04-22-10 08:40 AM
    Fatboy..........thanks for the info. I will follow you instructions as soon as I get home. Much appreciated.
    04-22-10 04:07 PM
    you shouldnt have to back up 3rd party apps when using the loader process. every OS upgrade i do, carries over all 3rd party programs. only when downgrading is where thats an issue.
    04-22-10 07:31 PM
    i also have an "uncaught exception net_rim_bb_qm_peer(269) is not responding" error message on my BB 9800...it started today after i replace the service book on the phone....i think am gonna change my OS if it continues because it freezes everything and i have had to do a battery pull for things to return to normal....

the problem usually happens when i send a broadcast message
    Last edited by funnykindel; 11-20-10 at 01:24 PM.
    11-20-10 11:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD