When I ordered my new 9700, I also ordered the $6/month Protection Bundle... Anyone use it yet? How was the experience? Thanks...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-10 05:23 AM
    Not for my 9700 - but for my 8700 and a couple sidekicks - quick turnaround easy process - high deductible tho

04-22-10 07:11 AM
    Just covers you incase of an accident. Mines fell in a puddle during a rainstorm, I had to pay 125, but it was here the very next day at least!

04-22-10 10:23 AM
    Do they send you a brand new unit with. New box, etc.?

04-22-10 10:58 AM
    I used the insurance for my 8900 over a month ago. My phone fell into the toilet good thing was, t-mo doesn't carry the 8900 anymore, so when I called asurion about getting a replacement, they gave me the 9700 instead. I was so happy that it came the day after, even tho I ordered the replacement at 6pm the night before

As far as them sending a brand new unit, my phone came in a new box with everything in it. I'm pretty sure it wasn't refurbished but I don't know a way to check that.

04-22-10 11:15 AM
    Glad to hear the insurance protection seems worth it, painless, and hassle free (with a high deductible LOL)...

So, when the new phone arrives, you just load your backup onto it and everythings the same again...(?)

04-22-10 11:35 AM
    Yea I'd rather pay $140 then 400+
    04-22-10 05:21 PM
    They only send new ones when they don't have any refurbs to send. I got a TP2, brand new in the box when I lost mine. I didn't pay the deductible immediately but when I did they sent it out with no problems.. the claims process was easy enough. My first claim... but for the phone I have on that line now which is the CLIQ, I don't think it's worth it at all. The deductible is too high. The 9700 might fall under the same category as the TP2 but again I can probably find myself a used one for a little more than the cost of the insurance over 2 years+deductible.
    04-22-10 07:13 PM
    Well, my story is a little less pleasant. On 4.22.10 my 9700 got a "white screen of death", which wouldn't allow me to see anything on my screen. I went into T-Mobile to tell them about it and hopefully get a new phone, and they put me on the phone with whom i believe was the insurance cust. service people. They told me that they would send me a new 9700 via UPS and if I wanted to I could get express shipping. I opted out of that (as much as it pained me), and I just went with the regular UPS ground shipping. I forked over the $50 for a loaner phone, which I promptly returned the next day because I was almost sick to my stomach using it, lol. A co-worker is letting me use her Samsung whatever (slider) and I expected to receive my new (or possibly refurbished) 9700 sometime this week. Wrong. As I checked the tracking number T-Mobile sent to me earlier this week, it brought up the UPS page that said my phone was delivered on Monday 4.26 at 3:46. Wrong again. I called to see what was up, and T-Mobile told me that even though UPS said the phone was already delivered and signed for by "BROWN", I wouldn't be receiving my phone until 5/3.

Needless to say, I am completely and utterly frustrated with this whole process. If I knew that it would take 2 weeks to receive my phone, I would've just did the "express" shipping in the first place. Luckily I don't have much longer to wait for it (assuming it does arrive on Monday)
    04-29-10 10:59 PM
    I think you are supposed to call Asurion with insurance claims, not T-Mobile. Assurion sends out the phones same day or next day. Your story sounds more like a "warranty exchange" with T-Mobile, not insurance claim.
    04-30-10 03:58 AM
    well i'm out here in hawaii and did a claim for my moto w490- it came in within the week due to us not being apart of the continental us. if it's asurion, my box had it printed on it.

When I ordered my new 9700, I also ordered the $6/month Protection Bundle... Anyone use it yet? How was the experience? Thanks...

as for my bb, i never paid a deduct b/c they just did a warranty exchange (extended in that bundle) b/c my phone was like 2yrs. If your phone isnt damage, theyll do a warranty exchange. but if it is or stolen/lost, then you pay the deduct for the insurance.
    Last edited by Han-ShinBi; 05-01-10 at 07:34 AM.
    05-01-10 07:30 AM
    What is the exact process of claiming insurance?

Also if you claim that ur phone is damaged do you have to send it in?

05-10-10 08:38 PM

The first step is to not "claim" anything and tell the truth.
    05-11-10 01:59 PM

You can and will be charged, up to $300. Stolen requires a police report and lost is verified with network usage. You should not make more claims then you need to because there is a limit of 2 per rolling calendar year. This is for your protection, not your abuse.

06-16-10 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD