I came from a Blackberry Storm 1 to a Droid about two months ago and now everyone is talking about the Incredible. At first I saw all the specs and now the reviews and was thinking that using my early upgrade might have been wasted on the Droid. So, I decided to do a comparison, and here it goes. Keep in mind that I am comparing my rooted Droid running Cyanogen 5.0.6.2 overclocked to 1.2ghz to the Incredible.

CPU speed: Droid 1.2 ghz, Incredible 1.0 ghz. (also read somewhere the Droid has a really good graphics chip or something to that nature).

Battery: According to Boy Genius the Droids batter last longer. I guess this also depends on the person and apps running etc, etc.

RAM: Droid - 16gigs (apps2sd) Incredible 512megs.

Screen: Same size. (looks to me like the Incredible is wider though). Not going to go into the whole OLED/AMOLED thing. Both look pretty damn good.

Text input: Droid -on screen and physical keyboard. Incredible -on screen only. (I used to hate slider phones but I really like the physical keyboard for playing games. I think that's the only time I even use it on my Droid besides copy and pasting).

Reception: Droid has better reception according to Boy Genius.

Size: Incredible is slimmer and lighter than Droid. I kinda like my phone being heavy. Just feels better that way to me.

Sense: Droid does, just have to be rooted. Incredible does. (I've never tried Sense so I can't really comment on it to much).

Camera: Droid 5, Incredible 8. (I have only taken 3 pictures in the two months I've had my Droid). Really don't care about this function, I'm sure some people do but I'm just not a picture taking guy.

So I have come to the conclusion that my Droid is actually better than the Incredible. I know unrooted users might not have the same conclusion but this is mine. I really can't see anything the Incredible has that Droid doesn't do better besides the camera. So glad I got the Droid.
    04-21-10 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD