Hello all, i have 2 cases. A black silicone skin, and the official blackberry pouch that came with the device, my question is which one do you think i should use and is better?

I had a problem with the pouch at one point where when i slid it out, it scratched the screen. But it does save a bit of battery.
    04-21-10 12:08 PM
    First, I always put a screen protector on my screens as soon as I get my Blackberry... each one... and secondly, I had preferred the silicone case... it cleans out the lint in my pockets so well... but I now use a harder case that only AT&T carries... it's from iFrogz.
    04-21-10 12:59 PM
    I don't know about the 9700 pouch but I don't like the 8900 pouch because it leaves the top exposed and open to damage.

I don't carry my BB in my pocket anyway, it's too heavy and too easy to mess it up.

Holster with an Epik resin all the way.
    04-21-10 01:04 PM
    Just a silicon skin like the Otterbox Impact which is all I use. So nice knowing it's protected and not having to take it out of a pouch all the time like I did with all my previous phones.
    04-21-10 01:12 PM
    I was never one pouches, only because its a little to bulky for me. I currently have a otter commuter, enough protector without addind too much bulk. Also you should get a screen protector to prevent scratches.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-10 01:27 PM
    i use the OEM holster that came with my 9700... kinda bulky but i've grown to like it... frees up my pockets, and the holster has the auto-sleep feature with the magnet and allows the different ring/vibrate options via the profiles... love it!

and i use a Clarivue ultra-clear screen protector Blackberry Bold 9700 Screen Protector from Clarivue (if the screen were glass i wouldn't bother, but being plasic and the fact I use the holster (sliding the 9700 in and out a lot)... felt better getting a protector... will help resale too as it will avoid any risk of screen scratches...
    04-21-10 01:43 PM
    I keep coming back to the original pouch.

I tried the Epik look-alike and the Otterbox Commuter but although they are great, they hide the sexiness of the 9700. What's the point of having a thin and the eye-catching chrome if you can't see it?

The top is exposed when using the chrome but I don't have any scratches. Just make sure you install a screen protector and don't mix your pants pocket with anything else other than the phone.
    04-21-10 06:40 PM
    I have both a pocket pouch and a silicon skin. The pocket pouch is pretty much like the holster but it doesn't have the clip and it top flap. Each one has its pros and cons, but ultimately I prefer the silicon skin.

04-21-10 06:49 PM
    I love the holster that comes with the device. Like one of the previous posters said, it frees your pockets. I used to use skins which I liked for a while, but then I had to put the phone in my pocket which I didn't like, so I ended up carrying it around which was a pain. I don't understand what everyone is talking about with the scratched screens due to sliding the phone in and out of the holster. I have never had that happen to me and I have had a ton of BlackBerry devices and never once put a screen protector on one. How does the OEM case scratch the screen by sliding it in and out of the holster?

04-21-10 10:38 PM
    Neither.

I never use the cases that come with the phone (the hip cases are given
    away, the pouch goes in the trash where it belongs.)

Silicone cases / sleeves feel very disgusting to touch and afford no real protection.

I am a big fan of Case-Mate Barely There products and BSE.
    04-22-10 12:08 AM
    Otter Box Commuter Case, best case I ever got.
    04-22-10 01:02 AM
    Using a silicone skin PLUS a screen protector are what I use on my 9700. The skin gives it a better feel and avoids possibly slipping out of my hand.
    04-22-10 04:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD