good things come to those who wait.
    04-21-10 09:19 AM
    Yes, I just found the same thing. Fixed it for me as well. I had missed GM over the last few weeks. Glad to see they could get a fix out quickly.
    04-21-10 10:25 AM
    glad to hear its working for others. now when iheartradio fixes their issue with 607, my phone will be "golden".
    04-21-10 10:27 AM
    can you zoom?

when I double tap, nothing happens. when I go to menu and select zoom, I get a message saying I can use keyboard commands.

this is both with and without compatibility mode

edit: luckily I had the pre-4.0 .cod file saved from a bbsak backup. I don't have a file hosting site, so if anybody wants it let me know and we'll figure something out...
    Last edited by seVer916; 04-21-10 at 11:13 AM.
    04-21-10 10:51 AM
    Sever916,

sounds like u installed the non-touch screen version. that happens when u have the wrong browser ID.
    (If u can't drag the map around with your finger, u definitely have the wrong version installed)

uninstall and switch browser ID, OR maybe it's the compatibility setting that is set incorrectly, come to think of it. I don't have the issues you mentioned.
    Last edited by dave1812; 04-21-10 at 11:36 AM.
    04-21-10 11:32 AM
    Do I have to delete 4.0.1 first or can I load 4.0.2 over it?
    04-21-10 12:08 PM
    Cool, I came here to post up the same thing. Checked m.google.com at lunch and noticed the new version.

Voice search works great, and text search doesn't freeze up.

@ynotbme, you can just load 4.0.2 over it. Will force a reboot as with just about every BlackBerry app
    04-21-10 12:13 PM
    what is the link for the new upgrade?

for some reason, I can't seem to open m.google.com/maps
    04-21-10 12:26 PM
    what is the link for the new upgrade?

for some reason, I can't seem to open m.google.com/maps
    Yes, please provide a link. Keep getting some kind of Gateway Error. When I do get it to go to the download, it's for version 3. something and not 4.0.2.
    04-21-10 12:34 PM
    Try m.google.com then selecting Maps from the list.
    04-21-10 12:40 PM
    Try m.google.com then selecting Maps from the list.
    Yes, please provide a link. Keep getting some kind of Gateway Error. When I do get it to go to the download, it's for version 3. something and not 4.0.2.
    I tried the new link and I still get the gateway error on the Bolt browser

The link doesn't work on the standard browser either
    04-21-10 12:43 PM
    Change your standard browser configuration to "Firefox" then go to m.google.com /maps from the BB browser

Browser>Options>BrowserIdentification>Firefox. Change it back to BlackBerry once you have downloaded and installed.
    Last edited by spyderman09; 04-21-10 at 12:50 PM.
    04-21-10 12:46 PM
    OTA: Google Maps for mobile

No need to uninstall, it installs over older versions.
    04-21-10 12:48 PM
    m.google.com/maps

You must use the BB browser and make sure that under Options > Browser Configuration > Browser Identification that it is set to Blackberry
    04-21-10 12:49 PM
    m.google.com/maps

You must use the BB browser and make sure that under Options > Browser Configuration > Browser Identification that it is set to Blackberry
    If you leave it as set to BlackBerry, you might not be be able to download. Change it to Firefox or IE, and it will work fine
    Last edited by spyderman09; 04-21-10 at 12:56 PM.
    04-21-10 12:49 PM
    Wrong. If you leave it as set to BlackBerry, you won't be able to download. Change it to Firefox or IE, and it will work fine
    I have installed every version of google maps with this configuration on my S1 and S2. Never had a single problem.
    04-21-10 12:51 PM
    I have installed every version of google maps with this configuration on my S1 and S2. Never had a single problem.
    Fair enough, but plenty of people (myself included) have not been able to download it unless we set our Browsers to Firefox...given that Alpine tried the BB browser and was unsuccessful, he likely had it left on BlackBerry, so I was giving him an alternate, since it obviously didn't work.

But I edited my earlier post to indicate that your method may work and is not simply wrong.
    04-21-10 12:55 PM
    Fair enough, but plenty of people (myself included) have not been able to download it unless we set our Browsers to Firefox...given that Alpine tried the BB browser and was unsuccessful, he likely had it left on BlackBerry, so I was giving him an alternate, since it obviously didn't work.

But I edited my earlier post to indicate that your method may work and is not simply wrong.
    That is fair but Apline said he used the Bolt browser. His problem lies there. Correction, I see he tried both browsers.
    Last edited by bighap; 04-21-10 at 01:07 PM.
    04-21-10 01:04 PM
    Stop using bb maps for Google...
    04-21-10 01:06 PM

I had that problem when running a leaked OS. Official OS's usually work fine with the browser set to "BlackBerry".
    04-21-10 01:19 PM
    I appreciate all of the help fellas, but I just set my browser to both IE and Firefox and now I get an HTTP Error 504 Gateway timed out message

WTFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    04-21-10 01:20 PM
    Is there a version specific to touch screen Blackberry's? I've downloaded the 4.0.2 and while the search feature appears to be fixed, the Get Directions section only allows me to enter in an address if I have compatibility mode turned on. This only shows the map for half the screen and the keyboard on the bottom with is still pretty useless for the storm. If I turn compatibility mode off, then I get the full map but the Get Directions section does not allow me to select Enter Address.
    04-21-10 01:38 PM
    I appreciate all of the help fellas, but I just set my browser to both IE and Firefox and now I get an HTTP Error 504 Gateway timed out message

WTFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mine works with the following setup.

04-21-10 01:41 PM
    Is there a version specific to touch screen Blackberry's? I've downloaded the 4.0.2 and while the search feature appears to be fixed, the Get Directions section only allows me to enter in an address if I have compatibility mode turned on. This only shows the map for half the screen and the keyboard on the bottom with is still pretty useless for the storm. If I turn compatibility mode off, then I get the full map but the Get Directions section does not allow me to select Enter Address.
    I just changed the browser type to Blackberry and redownloaded it and all seems to work great now.

Mike
    04-21-10 02:00 PM
    Mine works with the following setup.

I erased the www. and everything worked fine now. Hmmm, I wonder why the www. messes things up? Weird, Thanks!!!!!!!
    04-21-10 02:51 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD