Well, not so much a joke. I left my spare battery in the pocket of my jeans, which went through a load in the wash, then the dryer. That was like 4 days ago. I cooled the battery after it went through the dryer. Nothing broke off, the label is still like..all there. It seems like the only part that got wet was the water sensor.

Anyways, is this still safe to use in my phone? I was initially worried about it leaking water into my phone, but now that it's been a few days, I'm not so worried. I already ordered more batteries, so even if it's a "No, you're battery's f*cked." That's still appreciated.
    04-21-10 09:00 AM
    I'd say, figure out how to test it with a multimeter. If it checks out, then go for it.
    04-21-10 09:20 AM
    Now would be a good time to have a spare phone lying around like my busted 9530 with a cracked screen that im prob just gonna throw away.
    04-21-10 09:58 AM
    Well ill tell you what happened to mine and you be the judge. Same basic BS, went through the wash etc. I dried it off, waited a day or two and used it again. Back started smoking and it fried my battery compartment. Moral of the story...$hit didnt work for me, lol. Then again that wasnt with a BB so you may have different results. I say dont chance it, just go buy you a new batt. Deuces.
    04-21-10 10:10 AM
    In view of the preceding, put it in the oven (NOT microwave) on low heat for about an hour, then give it a try. No guarantees, but why throw away a good battery?

Bob
    04-21-10 10:19 AM
    why risk a good phone with a potentially bad battery?

id be happy just the battery made it through the wash and not the phone and count your losses...

couldve been worse, personally, i would not use it and risk damaging a much more expensive phone

sell it on ebay lol
    04-21-10 06:20 PM
    I have washed two batteries once. One went through the whole cycle including the dryer. The other I remembered about and got it out during the rinse cycle. That one I threw away. The other is in my phone now and works fine. Go figure.
    04-21-10 06:38 PM
    I already have two OEM DX-1's on the way from Hong Kong for like $8 (thank you, eBay), so I'll be fine until then. I had 3 before, but I lost one somewhere and the other one has seemingly met it's demise. (after reading about the smoked battery compartment, I'm kind of worried ) Oh well. I get home from work with like 24 percent, I just don't like dipping too low just in case I go out after work. I'll just bring my charger with me. Thanks guys!
    04-21-10 07:45 PM
    I have dried out a battery and used it - no problems - if you already ordered, you might as well wait and use the new juice. Otherwise, I don't see a huge risk.
    04-21-10 10:02 PM
    Maybe it will work, but why risk a $400+ device? Is it worth the risk?
    04-21-10 10:14 PM
    You could always try it out in someone else's phone...
    04-21-10 11:13 PM
    ^^^^+1 ^^^^

make sure its in a "friends" phone, as opposed to a friends phone if you know what I mean
    04-22-10 07:26 AM
    Haha everyone else I know with a BlackBerry uses C-S2's, not DX-1's. But good idea guys. Maybe I need to make more 'friends' with 9700's and 9530's?
    04-22-10 07:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD