if you were to look at a new phone today, would you get the storm2?

i'm thinking about getting one if my curve dies, its been iffy.

does it have a keyboard in landscape and portrait?

any major differences (in negative way) from the storm2/curve?
    04-21-10 03:23 AM
    I'd buy my 9700 again lol. I prefer keybaord to touch. Good idea though, buy one if you feel comfortable incase other dies, all recent BB's are good, 9000 or above ^^
    04-21-10 04:51 AM
    touch screen keys took some getting used to. Mine replaced a Curve 8310. I like it, but my wife can't get used to the touch screen.
    04-21-10 06:13 AM
    I would, but that doesn't mean that you should. Go to the store and play with one. If you like it, get it.
    04-21-10 06:45 AM
    without a doubt. love the S2
    04-21-10 07:02 AM
    It's like teenage love. I thought I loved my Curve. But with the Storm 2, I know what love really feels like like now.
    04-21-10 07:14 AM
    I would have a hard time buying it as a personal device, as it doesn't quite fit my wants and needs for a personal device.
    04-21-10 07:35 AM
    I Absolutely, 100% would buy it all over again!!! It's an amazing device...
    04-21-10 07:44 AM
    I'd buy it again twice. Great device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-10 08:36 AM
    I just went from a Curve to a Storm 2 (two weeks ago), I was a little worried at first with the keyboard but I'm starting to get the hang of it and I made mistakes with the curve also, big thumbs small keys?? I love the screen, it is a lot better for the web. The only disadvantage is battery life but its not that bad that I would get rid of it, may buy extended battery in the future as I did for my curve, oh yeah the other minor thing is that my car chargers have mini usb connectors and the Storm 2 has micro usb connectors, gonna pick up a couple adapters to fix that problem.
    04-21-10 08:49 AM
    Have one touch device and will never willingly buy another.
    04-21-10 09:00 AM
    Yup. Storm 2 is sick. The specs are high and its going to be getting the new 6.0 software. Go for it bro. Deuces.
    04-21-10 10:12 AM
    To answer your second question, yes, it has a fully functional keyboard in both landscape and portrait modes.
    04-21-10 11:48 AM
    if you were to look at a new phone today, would you get the storm2?

i'm thinking about getting one if my curve dies, its been iffy.

does it have a keyboard in landscape and portrait?

any major differences (in negative way) from the storm2/curve?
    I really liked my curve....but I personally would never go back. The S2 with the new 607 OS is a fantastic device. It had keyboard in landscape and portrait...but it is tough to type in the portrait mode. In landscape I can actually type faster than I could with my curve. Go get one if you like a touch screen...you definately won't regret it.

04-21-10 12:39 PM
    I really liked my curve....but I personally would never go back. The S2 with the new 607 OS is a fantastic device. It had keyboard in landscape and portrait...but it is tough to type in the portrait mode. In landscape I can actually type faster than I could with my curve. Go get one if you like a touch screen...you definately won't regret it.

I luv my S2 as well but if u do get one and don't like the portrait full qwerty keyboard then go into screen/keyboard options and switch it into multitap (this is how mine is for drivin n txtin) or u cud use sure type whicb is similar to t9

04-21-10 01:33 PM
    I would buy it again in a heartbeat. However, if Sprint had a hybrid blackberry with walkie talkie and 3G speeds, I would jump back to them.
    04-21-10 09:06 PM
    I've had my Storm 2 for 2 days now; I previously had a BlackBerry Pearl 8130. I was pretty happy with my old Pearl, but I have to say that I absolutely love my Storm 2; no complaints at all so far.

It will take you a little time to learn the Storm 2, since you're like me...coming from a BB with actual keys and going to a touch screen. It doesn't take long to get used to it though, and for me it really was a change for the better.

Also, if you get the Storm 2 and don't like it...you can always take it back within 30 days and get a different BB.
    04-22-10 09:36 AM
    Definitely would. If I could afford it I would have another one just for back up.

04-22-10 09:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD