Been searching around, and here's my dilemma. I have an Outlook account at work that is on their server. Is there anyway that I can sync my Outlook calendar to my Blackberry without having BES? Any work arounds?

Thanks
    Sue
    04-20-10 08:01 PM
    Not an expert on this but since you haven't gotten a response for 12 hours�
    I have no experience using alternative sync methods (BES user) but I think some have used Google - sync your desktop to Google, which in turn can wirelessly sync with your device. But there are some quirks, like Google deleting appointments that are outside its past and future date parameters. Hopefully someone will be along who can speak with more knowledge on this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-10 07:51 AM
    I have an 8900 that gets emails over the air from my desktop that is served by my office's Exchange server using the default Redirector software that should have come with your device (and is a free download in any case).

Works pretty well.

And for calendar, contacts, tasks, etc.. the included Desktop Manager does the trick. Only downside is that you have to hook it up via USB (which I need to do anyway for recharging so it's not a downside for me at all).
    04-21-10 11:05 AM
    I'm doing sort of what jbeachy suggested. I'm doing a one-way sync to Google from Outlook. Mostly because my google calendar has personal and business events and I don't really want personal events on my Outlook calendar at work. Doing this one-way sync eliminates the problems jbeachy identified (though I never tried them and thus don't know if those are real problems or not). It does mean sometimes having to add something manually to Outlook later (which then syncs with google).

On the other hand, even if the two-way sync dropped appointments outside of Google's range that wouldn't be any big deal to me. Now if I was looking at things like an annual history... that wouldn't work.
    04-21-10 11:13 AM
    I am on Bis and do this all the time. My work uses a pop3 service.
    Works for well.
    04-21-10 11:15 AM
    Desktop Redirector is the way to go. It took me a while to figure out that I had to choose the work email option during Desktop manager install. Otherwise you will not have Desktop Redirector installed. This works like a charm to the point that I usually get my email on my device before it hits my Outlook inbox.
    04-21-10 03:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD