I'm sorry that there are so many threads related to this already, however, I didn't see anyone with this problem. I just downloaded the new DM and it completely cleaned out my ical events... all of them. I still have them on my phone though. My snow leopard has been 1.6.3 since it came out but I haven't had any sync issues until today when i updated BDM.

Does anyone know if I can replace the events on ical? Of course I just happened to not backup time machine in awhile.. urg.

thank you in advanced
    04-20-10 12:15 PM
    Without a backup and outside of manually inputting them again, probably not.
    04-20-10 12:42 PM
    Without a backup and outside of manually inputting them again, probably not.
    This makes me EXTREMELY mad at RIM. it was working fine before the update. this is why i chose BB over android. If i wanted to rely on syncing with google i would have never stayed with BB... urg does someone have another idea?
    04-20-10 02:46 PM
    since new version of snow leopard mine has worked fine. till today! I downloaded the new version of desktop manager and since I also get the sync error! Plus it did the same to me and wiped my ical! I also use my calender for my work schedule and other appointments. It did keep the calender on my phone like u guys. thank god! dammit blackberry! u go and update something that already works and now it's all screwed up!
    04-21-10 11:50 PM
    same here...calendar is still ok on the BB, except for duplicates, again, but how do i get those back onto the ical?
    04-22-10 10:23 AM
    JUST FOUND THIS ON ANOTHER SITE...and it worked...of course, I had colored calendars and of course BB doesn't recognize that...but I have my data again!

If you are having problems syncing your BB with ical THERE IS A FIX!! I had this problem and it was driving me crazy!

It's an old fix for the same problem from a previous upgrade, but it worked like a charm! On your Mac...

Navigate to <User>/Library/Application Support/
    Delete the BlackBerryDesktop folder.
    Empty the Trash Bin.
    Restart BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

when you restart your desktop manager and go to sync your information make sure you MERGE data since your ical has been cleared out! OTHERWISE YOU WILL LOSE EVEYTHING FROM YOUR BB!
    04-22-10 10:58 AM
    Words cannot express my frustration with RIM and their pathetic Mac support. I use Mac for the same reason I use BlackBerry- it's a better operating platform.

Now that I've updated to the "newest" (i.e. f'd up) version, its deleted all of my iCal information. Following the advice listed above put it all back in my iCal but now it's under the wrong calendar and it has DUPLICATED every damn item in my BB calendar.

Evidently the only option is to move to an iPhone...this is beyond workable
    04-22-10 01:51 PM
    Words cannot express my frustration with RIM and their pathetic Mac support. I use Mac for the same reason I use BlackBerry- it's a better operating platform.

Now that I've updated to the "newest" (i.e. f'd up) version, its deleted all of my iCal information. Following the advice listed above put it all back in my iCal but now it's under the wrong calendar and it has DUPLICATED every damn item in my BB calendar.

Evidently the only option is to move to an iPhone...this is beyond workable
    Heckler,

I couldn't agree with you more. I've also posted on BB's forum but they don't even monitor that. Tired of being a stepchild.

Now only if Verizon would just get the deal DONE!
    04-22-10 04:10 PM
    JUST FOUND THIS ON ANOTHER SITE...and it worked...of course, I had colored calendars and of course BB doesn't recognize that...but I have my data again!

If you are having problems syncing your BB with ical THERE IS A FIX!! I had this problem and it was driving me crazy!

It's an old fix for the same problem from a previous upgrade, but it worked like a charm! On your Mac...

Navigate to <User>/Library/Application Support/
    Delete the BlackBerryDesktop folder.
    Empty the Trash Bin.
    Restart BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

when you restart your desktop manager and go to sync your information make sure you MERGE data since your ical has been cleared out! OTHERWISE YOU WILL LOSE EVEYTHING FROM YOUR BB!

This fixed most of the issues, thanks!!!
    Last edited by jwolf6589; 04-26-10 at 05:59 PM.
    04-26-10 05:53 PM
    You might want to try Google calendar. Have it sync with your iCal and even if/when Rim/Mac don't play nice, you have another place where your events are besides your phone. You will have to input all your events in again, though. But when you do, after that you will have a 3-way sync. Lose it in one place pick it up from one of the other places. Change something on one, automatically changes it on the other two.
    04-27-10 11:55 AM
    Thank You dmcrabby, you have saved my day!!!
    04-27-10 12:12 PM
    I wanted to switch to google calendar too, but it doesn't import events from the blackberry unless you create the events on the BB. and if i manually put them all in i would have duplicates from both my ical and my google calendar. can i import events from ical into google calendar??
    04-27-10 03:29 PM
    just found this on another site...and it worked...of course, i had colored calendars and of course bb doesn't recognize that...but i have my data again!

If you are having problems syncing your bb with ical there is a fix!! I had this problem and it was driving me crazy!

It's an old fix for the same problem from a previous upgrade, but it worked like a charm! On your mac...

Navigate to <user>/library/application support/
    delete the blackberrydesktop folder.
    Empty the trash bin.
    Restart blackberry desktop manager.

When you restart your desktop manager and go to sync your information make sure you merge data since your ical has been cleared out! Otherwise you will lose eveything from your bb!
    a million thanks!! This works beautifully:d
    06-20-10 12:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD