Trying to connect my 8350i (Nextel) to my laptop using Connectify, a program that turns your wireless laptop into a wireless hot spot.

Both devices work fine separately, but not together. I use my blackberry connected to wifi at work all day, and lots of other places with no problems. So I know the phone's wifi works fine.

I'm able to connect my daughter's laptop to my laptop with Connectify with no problems so I know my laptop and Connectify work fine.

But, when I try to connect my blackberry to my laptop things go bad. It connects, seems to be fine for a few seconds or a minute and then disconnects. I will disconnect and reconnect several times within a few minutes, with a new IP address each time. Then the connection just stops working and my blackberry can't even find the wifi hotspot when scanning anymore. The hotspot works the whole time with the other laptop. If I shut down Connectify and re-start it I can connect again but the same sequence of connect, disconnect happens each time.

I see here that others have had luck with Connectify but I'm not. Any help is appreciated.
    04-20-10 12:04 PM
    Had similar issue, disable all firewalls and see if it makes a difference.
    04-22-10 12:39 AM
    I solved it by accident and I really don't understand why this worked.

I connect to the internet via a broadband internet card. The card is always plugged into one of the USB ports on my laptop.

Today, I bought a USB hub and relocated the broadband card to the hub. Now I can connect via WiFi using "Connectify" and it works great.

Hope this helps somebody else some day.
    05-11-10 07:04 PM
    i heard from somewhere a workaround is to delete/disable all saved wifi networks in your wifi section. the issue is that blackberry
    keeps trying to switch between saved networks for no reason. once the above is done, should be fine
    08-08-14 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD