just thought i would share with everyone that i have finally had enough, my curve 8330 is less then 1 year old and so far the vibrator has broken (repaired for 100$ and now it is super loud) the trackball doesnt work unless i smack the phone, so tonight i am going to get the 3G and be done with it.
    04-19-10 01:13 PM
    Yikes. If you can hold off and keep smackin' that trackball for awhile longer, you can get the 4G when it comes out.
    04-19-10 01:17 PM
    Welcome to the light.
    04-19-10 01:24 PM
    If you are going to get an iPhone now, do not get the 3G, get the 3GS. The OS 4 update that comes out sometime this summer is going to have multi-tasking but only for the 3GS and the new iPhone HD that is also coming out this summer. Welcome to the club, be sure to let us know what you think and if you have any questions just ask and the super Crack Nation will be there to help.
    04-19-10 02:52 PM
    I been screaming the something for the last couple of months!! Im so excited and OS 4!
    04-19-10 02:55 PM
    Yikes. If you can hold off and keep smackin' that trackball for awhile longer, you can get the 4G when it comes out.
    If you are going to get an iPhone now, do not get the 3G, get the 3GS. The OS 4 update that comes out sometime this summer is going to have multi-tasking but only for the 3GS and the new iPhone HD that is also coming out this summer. Welcome to the club, be sure to let us know what you think and if you have any questions just ask and the super Crack Nation will be there to help.
    he could have just got the 3G used or even new, cheaply somewhere, and thereby not renewing his contract, so he'd be free to upgrade sooner. at least I would hope that's what he did, if he bought one of those.
    04-19-10 05:39 PM
    Be sure to buy a few extra chargers and leave them everywhere-- work, home, your best friend's house etc.
    The iphone is better than the BB in many ways but the batt situation is a joke at best.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-10 05:35 AM
    Be sure to buy a few extra chargers and leave them everywhere-- work, home, your best friend's house etc.
    The iphone is better than the BB in many ways but the batt situation is a joke at best.

But not quite as bad as you are making out. I have a car charger that tops it off if I'm driving and have no problem getting through the day.
    04-20-10 08:10 AM
    Words can't properly describe how little anyone cares about this thread. There's a thread already for everyone changing devices.

-10 points for failing hard, OP.

Who cares if this has been posted mannnnyyyy times before. It's an exciting move from Blackberry to Iphone. Lol Especially from an older device like the 8330. Congrats on making the switch. You won't ever put it down. ;p but like that person said about the chargers...leave one everywhere! Lol
    04-20-10 12:39 PM
    So, boondocker, did you get an iPhone? What's your feelings on it after using it for a few hours or so?

just thought i would share with everyone that i have finally had enough, my curve 8330 is less then 1 year old and so far the vibrator has broken (repaired for 100$ and now it is super loud) the trackball doesnt work unless i smack the phone, so tonight i am going to get the 3G and be done with it.
    04-20-10 12:45 PM
    I'll be jumping ship when OS 4 is released too, from my BB Pearl.
    Can't WAIT!!!
    04-21-10 10:43 AM
    Bottom of the line BB to iPhone? I would do it too...9700 to iPhone? Wait i just switched from a 3Gs back to the 9700. The iPhone is a great device but the battery life (non-removable battery doesn't help) it just too horrible.
    04-23-10 09:34 AM
    Bottom of the line BB to iPhone? I would do it too...9700 to iPhone? Wait i just switched from a 3Gs back to the 9700. The iPhone is a great device but the battery life (non-removable battery doesn't help) it just too horrible.
    I'm making the move from the 9700 to the 4th generation iPhone when it comes out. The increased battery size and OS tweaks should help improve the battery life. The non-removable battery part isn't much of a concern to me.....I don't keep a spare as it is for my 9700.
    04-23-10 09:42 AM
    yep, plan on moving to 4G as well from 9700...
    04-23-10 08:39 PM
    I jumped from 9700 to Iphone and yes the battery isnt the best but as an early post stated if ya top it off in the car its not that big of a deal compared to having a phone that does so much and yes you will have a hard time putting it down.
    04-23-10 09:19 PM
    I manage to keep my battery alive by turning off 3G whenever I don't need it. It's a whole lot easier if you use SBSettings.

04-23-10 10:43 PM

this is surely an exaggeration, a car charger alone will get you through a busy day easily. (don't be shakin by the Apple haters ).

I however would suggest you wait for the 4G which will be out around the June time frame.
    04-23-10 10:49 PM
    this is surely an exaggeration, a car charger alone will get you through a busy day easily. (don't be shakin by the Apple haters ).

I however would suggest you wait for the 4G which will be out around the June time frame.
    For some people, it might not be enough, or they might not even be in their car much.

04-23-10 11:46 PM
    Just a few days ago i was on the train for a few hours for a work trip and within 4hrs(MSN, eBay, kijiji, craigslist, surfing, emails and reading documents) my 3Gs (3 weeks old) battery went from 100% to 10% by the time i got off the train. Although the lack of signal in some areas along the way might have been a drain on the battery but shouldn't Apple factor all these things before manufacturing a non-removable battery?
    04-23-10 11:53 PM
    Whats the difference, buy a clip on battery pack and call it a day. Problem solved and gives you another full charge.
    04-24-10 12:10 AM
    Between Telenav, Phone Calls (3000min a month or more), BT Data Syncs, Car BT device pairing, Beweather on GPS setting, Google Sync and a slew of other data transfers coming through my BB Tour I need the battery charged during the day as well if I'm using my BB at night.
    Funny thing is I don't even surf the net (not interested on browsing on my BB or my iPod Touch).

Point being is the battery problem is on all devices if your using them to their full potential.
    Last edited by RetroAndreas; 04-24-10 at 03:59 PM.
    04-24-10 03:55 PM
    i went from rim to android to the iphone

i just got the 3gs this week i love it
    04-24-10 04:32 PM

I went from a Range Rover to a Corvette to a Scion Coupe.

I miss my Range Rover.

04-24-10 04:39 PM
    I went from a Range Rover to a Corvette to a Scion Coupe.

I miss my Range Rover.

pointless

but anyways

i found turning of the location settings and turning down my brightness gets my iphone to last 4 times as longer
    04-24-10 04:41 PM

i found turning of the location settings and turning down my brightness gets my iphone to last 4 times as longer
    I went from being dumb to being stupid and because I turned down my brightness, I'm now a complete moron.
    Last edited by RetroAndreas; 04-24-10 at 05:11 PM.
    04-24-10 05:08 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD