All the sites doing the reviews for the incredible state its a AMOLED screen while on vzw it states the screen is OLED. So which is it?
    04-19-10 01:03 PM
    i've read that it was a misprint on the VZW spec sheet. More sources say that its AMOLED instead of the OLED.
    04-19-10 01:22 PM
    yeah, I'm going with AMOLED. Verizon is the only source that says OLED
    04-19-10 04:07 PM
    yeah, I'm going with AMOLED. Verizon is the only source that says OLED
    Son of a gun. You're right. I checked the HTC site, and it says AMOLED:

HTC Press Release - Read the Latest HTC Mobile Phone News

Good!
    04-19-10 05:21 PM
    What about all this I'm hearing about the AMOLED screen being unusable in sunlight? I mean, it's not like being in the sunlight is an uncommon thing, so I think this is a pretty important thing to know, right?
    04-19-10 05:50 PM
    i thought it was the same thing oled and amoled just means active matrix organic LED
    04-19-10 05:51 PM
    What about all this I'm hearing about the AMOLED screen being unusable in sunlight? I mean, it's not like being in the sunlight is an uncommon thing, so I think this is a pretty important thing to know, right?
    I read one hand's-on report said that it was actually unusable in direct sunlight. He couldn't even make a phone call because he couldn't see the screen.
    04-19-10 06:07 PM
    I read one hand's-on report said that it was actually unusable in direct sunlight. He couldn't even make a phone call because he couldn't see the screen.
    I read that as well. I wonder how bad it is in sunlight. Other than that, I've been sold on the Incredible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-10 06:15 PM
    I read that as well. I wonder how bad it is in sunlight. Other than that, I've been sold on the Incredible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Well, I'm not ready to jump off the RIM ship yet, but if there was ever a device that tempted me, this is it.
    04-19-10 06:26 PM
    That is what everyone said about the nexus, and are still saying today. All you have to do is turn the screen brightness all the way up when you are in direct sunlight and you can view your phone just fine. Yes, when the brightness is down and you are in the sun it is hard to see. I'm not complaining to anyone in this thread or the op, but i dont understand how hard of a concept that is for everyone to grasp. I am still daily reading threads on other sites complaining about the n1 and droid screen problems. I use the N1 everyday, its my only phone, and i have never had any problems with viewing in the sunlight. Never.

On a side note, I'm really excited to see what the incredible brings to the table. I for one think its kinda ugly and there is too much dead space on the front. Other than that it should be a rockstar phone.
    04-20-10 01:48 PM
    All you have to do is turn the screen brightness all the way up when you are in direct sunlight and you can view your phone just fine.

I use the N1 everyday, its my only phone, and i have never had any problems with viewing in the sunlight. Never.
    Do you know if other folks use an app (or, set up a shortcut on the home screen) to adjust the brightness quickly before going out? App name, please?

Some folks say viewing is a problem, others say it's not. Maybe the others have bad eye sight.
    04-20-10 02:04 PM
    That is what everyone said about the nexus, and are still saying today. All you have to do is turn the screen brightness all the way up when you are in direct sunlight and you can view your phone just fine. Yes, when the brightness is down and you are in the sun it is hard to see. I'm not complaining to anyone in this thread or the op, but i dont understand how hard of a concept that is for everyone to grasp. I am still daily reading threads on other sites complaining about the n1 and droid screen problems. I use the N1 everyday, its my only phone, and i have never had any problems with viewing in the sunlight. Never.

On a side note, I'm really excited to see what the incredible brings to the table. I for one think its kinda ugly and there is too much dead space on the front. Other than that it should be a rockstar phone.
    I never have problems with my Droid in sunlight when the brightness is high. On the lowest setting it's barely visible though.
    04-20-10 02:09 PM
    Do you know if other folks use an app (or, set up a shortcut on the home screen) to adjust the brightness quickly before going out? App name, please?

Some folks say viewing is a problem, others say it's not. Maybe the others have bad eye sight.
    There is a widget called "power control"

It gives you direct access to 5 power saving options direct from the home screen including brightness. Which is handy when you go outdoors.
    04-20-10 02:33 PM
    There is a widget called "power control"

It gives you direct access to 5 power saving options direct from the home screen including brightness. Which is handy when you go outdoors.
    +1 for power control widget.
    04-20-10 02:47 PM
    +2 for the power control widget!

It's great.
    04-20-10 02:52 PM

why not just use the automatic brightness setting? it will automatically amp the screen brightness up when in sunlight or brightly lit areas, or turn it down when in low lit areas.

i've been using automatic brightness on my droid and it doesn't seem to have that big of an impact on battery. it does help a lot when trying to view the screen in sunlight though.

the power widget is also an alternative.
    04-20-10 03:02 PM
    If you don't long press the search button for voice search then you can use Button Shortcut to launch Backlight! (both apps are on the market) when you long press the search key.
    04-20-10 03:02 PM
    THANK YOU guys! I've added Power Control to my list of must-have widgets.

I appreciate the responses.
    04-20-10 03:36 PM
    why not just use the automatic brightness setting?
    Well, it sounded like that wasn't working out for most folks. Won't know myself until I get my Inc.
    04-20-10 03:38 PM
    Well, it sounded like that wasn't working out for most folks. Won't know myself until I get my Inc.
    i'd wonder if they even tried it? lots of people turn off automatic brightness and set it at a static level believing it will save significant battery life. at least in my case letting the light sensors adjust the screen brightness dynamically works great.

by the way, the power control widget is included in the os. nothing to download there.
    04-20-10 03:57 PM
    THANK YOU guys! I've added Power Control to my list of must-have widgets.

I appreciate the responses.
    Already comes on the device.
    04-20-10 04:21 PM
    I just remembered something from the notes I've been keeping in preparation for setting up my device. One of the reviews stated that colors on the screen are dull with auto-brightness feature enabled.

At first, we could not figure out why the colors were so dull, but after turning off the automatic brightness feature, we realized the phone just uses a little dimmer brightness setting compared to the Nexus One (probably for battery life). Once we dialed the brightness all the way up, colors literally popped, whites were perfectly white, text looked crisp, and we started loving the screen even more. (source)
    No matter, though. You guys have given us a few options to try. Ty!
    04-20-10 05:04 PM
    does anybody know if its using the clearpad 2000 or 3000 screen?
    04-21-10 12:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD