I am trying to send a video from my 9630 on Verizon to a friends Pre on Sprint. Seems like there is no way for this to happen. Told them to download youcast, but it wont load on their phone. What players will play these types of videos, considering they are not playable in WMP on a computer. Any help would be helpful as I also need to be able to send videos for work as well.
    04-19-10 11:35 AM
    Ever thought of doing a MMS? If it's too big send it to their e-mail from your e-mail.
    04-19-10 11:46 AM
    It says it is to big to send as an email as well. I had the friend send me a video from her phone and i received it just fine. Gonna see if I can upload it to my laptop and see if I can send it to her that way.
    04-19-10 12:22 PM
    I've had this issues since the OS upgrade.
    04-19-10 03:12 PM
    I was able to go into the options of the video player and change the format to mms. Once I did that, I tried a short video and I was able to send that thru mms to the other person. So hopefully that takes care of any issues.
    04-19-10 04:27 PM
    why is it that I can send only SHORT videos with my BB.... I use to be able to send 30 second videos at least with my old phone ( non BB ) ...
    10-21-10 12:38 PM
    because the quality was even worse than what gets made on a BB recorded vid in MMS-mode
    10-21-10 03:41 PM
    why is it that I can send only SHORT videos with my BB.... I use to be able to send 30 second videos at least with my old phone ( non BB ) ...
    What was your old device?

You can send considerably larger files through something like Yahoo messenger than you can via MMS. If the Palm Pre has that capability, I would recommend trying that. I've been able to send some 640x480 from my D2 to a BB via Yahoo messenger and receive the highest quality that the BB could send alright.

Worth a shot.
    10-21-10 03:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD